my first go at water

H

hotrod192

hi everyone,im new on here my name is martin,i have built alot of kits in the past i have always wanted to do some military stuff but just due to work just never had the time,now due to a back injury i cant work so i have been doing alot of scratch building 1/32 agricultural stuff to try and make some money.

this is the start of a 1/35 doirama and is my first go at doing water.i didnt want to use the scenic water as i think its abit pricey for what you get.so i have made a waterway at the front with an out flow pipe coming out the wall and a small waterfall,for the faster running water i just painted and blended it the next time i think i will use scenic fibres.at the top of the wall im thinking of scratch building an abandoned street/factory ww2 i think.not sure what vehicles to put there or should i put a knocked out tank there.

comments and suggestions welcome.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum Martin and the water looks great as for what to build on top there are plenty of 1/35 scale models out ther just do what takes your fancy

P

phalinmegob

the water looks great mate, what did you use then, i just had a miserable failure using javis countryside water( in my sig thread) so would love to know how you did yours,especially the water coming out of the pipe.

H

hotrod192

\ said:
the water looks great mate, what did you use then, i just had a miserable failure using javis countryside water( in my sig thread) so would love to know how you did yours,especially the water coming out of the pipe.
thanks for the comments,for the water i mixed polyester resin and poured it into the mould,for the water fall and the water coming out the pipe i used fibre glass matting and just carfully brushed the resin