My first layout

MrT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Les
Hello everyone, thank you for accepting me to your forums. I have started my first layout. I have been building kits for a while which have been placed all around my house. Now I have the space for a project. I am more interested in building a town, with a seafront, a river with a lock and other features.

MrT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Les
Thank you guys, here are some pictures of the base for my layout. It looks a little cluttered as I have to move stuff as I go round, but soon I will be planning track and building the lock and beach basics
IMG_3897.jpegIMG_3898.jpegIMG_3899.jpegIMG_3900.jpegIMG_3901.jpegIMG_3902.jpegIMG_3903.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Welcome Les. Model Railroading is a special satisfying hobby. I have 3 current Layouts going now O Scale, O27 scale and HO scale I plan on doing a small Airfix OO one day. Like you I’m Blessed with a big space for my layouts. Looking forward to your updates on the layout

MrT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Les
Welcome Les. Model Railroading is a special satisfying hobby. I have 3 current Layouts going now O Scale, O27 scale and HO scale I plan on doing a small Airfix OO one day. Looking forward to your updates on the layout
Thank you Lee. I’m only planning on having a twin track going around with a couple of trains purely for animation. It is more the buildings and town life I’m interested in. There will be references to tv programs such as see picture…

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 15

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thank you Lee. I’m only planning on having a twin track going around with a couple of trains purely for animation. It is more the buildings and town life I’m interested in. There will be references to tv programs such as see picture…
Nice keep us updated

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks as if you have a really good plan on mind, although I'm sure things will change and develop as work progresses. You're off to a great start.
May I suggest that you start a dedicated thread for this most interesting build. It is in the section for introducing yourself at the moment but is probably more appropriately placed in either the Dio section or the Trains - layouts under construction. By having a dedicated thread people would be able to follow your progress more easily.
Keep at it Les, you've got a long road ahead of you.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
By having a dedicated thread people would be able to follow your progress more easily.
Yes that would be easier. I would just list it in Layouts under construction.

Reactions: MrT