My Kyosho Inferno GT

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
My Kyosho Inferno GT Subaru Impreza

Been wanting a Kyosho Inferno GT for some time since I seen one but couldn't get one for the price I wanted to pay so I left it for a bit and just by chance I got this one off Ebay for £63 on Sunday 26th July but I was meant to be out for the day,but didn't go out in the end so I was able to get this off Ebay but it was slightly damaged by a lady driver and had only been ran a few times before the crash so the car is basically still new apart from the damage.

So I bought the bits needed to bring new life in to the car which I got all off Ebay.

It came with the Subaru body shell with lights fitted to it and also the original gold wheels.

Here are some photos of the car as I got it with the damage.

The centre drive shaft is totally bent like a banana and it stripped the 2 speed gears,and I've got a replacement drive shaft for the front and replacement 2 speed gears.

As you can see from this photo the chassis took a big hit and was bent a bit but I have managed to straighten the chassis so I can re-use it,but I am going to try and get another chassis from some where like ebay or from a model shop that I know that have them on order.

Last edited by a moderator:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I rebuilt the car with all the new parts I got for it off Ebay which include:

IG002 Front Bumper

IG003 Urethane Bumper which I haven't used as I got it with the Bumper and I am just going to keep it as a spare.

IG103 Shock Stay to replace the metal one that the guy fitted to it

IG109B 2 Speed Gear Set to replace the stripped ones that where on it when I got it.

I also but a screw set as it was missing some screws from the rear,I also bought HPI Z619 Binder Head screw to screw the bumper to the shock stay as it didn't have any.

Here is a photo of the rebuilt car

Here is a photo of the straightened front centre drive shaft.

Here is a photo of the new 2 speed gears fitted.

Here is a photo of the front bumper fitted like it should be.

There is one little screw missing from the steering servo which I will put in once I find one in my box of screws.

I think the reason why the 2 speed was stripped is the chassis is a modified buggy chassis but the person didn't do a good job and the gears caught the chassis so they got stripped,but I have fixed the problem by filing the edges of the opening so they are nowhere near the 2 speed gears.

I will be buying some upgrades for it when I have the money,But I bought a Protoform PF8-GT Bodyshell for it and I have a new Chassis coming tomorrow.

Here is a photo with the Subaru Body Shell fitted and with my GRP Tires on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

loubo1983

looks good mate. youve done a good job with it too. i love my rc cars. just got rid of an associated tc5 roller, and in it's place i've gotten myself a short course truck. it's huge lol, almost the same size as a traxxis slash. very happy with it, and it's bloomin quick too with the upgraded motor.

View attachment 32436

View attachment 37287

DSCN1635.jpg