My Lambo Countach 5000 Build....

C

CDW

To be honest, from past experience, I've found that just sticking the bits in my grit-jar and giving it a good shake to be enough to give the acrylic a good key for painting over the enamel (that's if the enamels fully cured box course) I've not experience crazing doing this and possibly I may have just been lucky :smiling3:

@John ..... If you sieve your bird grit through a tea strainer then it'll separate all the oyster shell from the mix and it'll be less abrasive. I found the standard mix too erosive when i painted white metal figures years ago, You can keep the shell stuff as its good for using as heavy gravel in dioramas:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Thanks to everyone for the advice on this .......... I'll do some scrubbing tomorrow. I tried flatting some down with some 3000 abrasive but that didn't make much difference ..... We have some oven cleaner in the cupboard so I'll try that first with a toothbrush ...... If not a soak in some brake fluid.............. and maybe a trip to a pet shop.

Peter

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Peter not wanting to tell you how to suck eggs please be careful on whatever method you use from all those offered including my own experiment 1st I would hate for to ruin all your hardwork I hope you get the result you are looking for cheers John

First Name
Gregg
Be careful with the brake fluid method. There are two types, one being a synthetic based fluid.

Whichever you choose, try it on an area that won't be a problem if it should react badly!

Gregg

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Well I spent the afternoon in the kitchen attacking the rest of the parts that "Mr Partbuild" had painted.............. I tried the oven cleaner and that didn't seen to do much. So, I went for the brake fluid, I had an old tin. I put some in a container last night and chucked in a couple of bits of sprue and that seemed to have survived it........... Chucked the bits in and left them for an hour ............... and, eith a bit of encouragement with a toothbrush I've managed to get most of the old paint off. Some of the smaller parts were a bit difficult as I didn't want to break any ........ I've given them a good soak in soapy water and rinsed them off ............ Now they're sitting on some kitchen towel waiting on a bit of paint tomorrow..........

......... Thanks all for your advice.

First Name
Jason
Great work so far Peter, a bit of scratch build, a bit of restoration. something for everyone in this build! You must have the patience of a saint, I think I'd have trashed it by now! can't wait to see how the body turns out!

jason

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Great work so far Peter, a bit of scratch build, a bit of restoration. something for everyone in this build! You must have the patience of a saint, I think I'd have trashed it by now! can't wait to see how the body turns out!jason
Thanks Jason,

I'm nearly done with the Chassis ............. Just the rear shocks to paint and fit. When I'm done with that I'll start on the cockpit / cabin............. and thankfully "Mr Part Build" has been nowhere near those bits. So they should be fairly straightforward if not complicated......

......... I really can't believe quite how many components there are in this Fujimi kit. It's the first time I've tackled one.............. and I've learned a whole load, particularly things I shouldn't have done along the way.

Peter