my little Ilyusha.

N

norm

Hello all, been a while since I've posted here, and I wanted to show the Il-2 3m I recently finished. it is an accurate miniatures 1/48th scale kit, strait from the box, with the tamiya gaz and officers set. I did this for a school project after reading "Red Sky, Black Death" by Anna Yegorova. While not specifically her's, I wanted to give my English class comrades something to look at while I spoke.

anyway, here it is.

Thanks for any and all feed back!

T

treyzx10r

Excellent build Norm,nicely weathered too not over done. I would be proud to have that on my shelf!

S

scoonesy

Very nice work! You should be proud of yourself although the plane and car could do with a little bit more weathering if you want it to be that tiny bit more realistic but still my god it looks fantastic and very well detailed, great work.

N

norm

I wanted to do the Il-2 lightly because the instructions said that photos of this particular aircraft showed it quite clean. The dull coat on the gaz really lightened down the amount of mud I had on it, I may add more.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice build Norm. I think it looks fine just the way it is. The aircraft is very well painted with what I would call a realistic amount of wear and tear. Very nice.

The Gaz, well it could be a bit dustier but then not all vehicles drove around with half a ton of mud on them.

Ian M

S

scoonesy

Alright yeah i take back what i said then, the plane is perfect i think. It's just the car could do with a pinch more dust

M

m1ks

That's fabulous, and the figures nicely painted too, great little dio there, i'd be quite happy to be able to say i'd built it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi norm, superb work mate! An excellent scene with one of my favourite aircraft ,whats not to like! The figures are great too ,are they the icm set? Your school mates must have been gobsmacked when they saw this, 5 stars from me. cheers tony

N

norm

the figures are from this set, but appeared to have been provided by a different company, I cant remember which. Tamiya America Item #89767 | 1/48 Russian Field Car GAZ-67B - w/ Officer Figures

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking build Norm.

Don't you go fiddling with it now!

Ron