Need rollcage help

E

einsman

Alright, so I am building a Hasegawa 1/24 kit of the Fairlady Z432R and I want to bend the brass pipes I have to make a rollcage. What would be the best way to take measurements?

P

Plastickitbasher

Ok this may sound daft!! but they do this when making trumpets.

Cap one end then almost fill the brass tube with water, cap the open end and put brass tube into the freezer for a few hours. Then take it out of the freezer and do all the bends you need to. The ice in the brass tube will stop the brass flatterning out as you make your bends.

When done leave to warm up and drain the water job done.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Ok this may sound daft!! but they do this when making trumpets.Cap one end then almost fill the brass tube with water, cap the open end and put brass tube into the freezer for a few hours. Then take it out of the freezer and do all the bends you need to. The ice in the brass tube will stop the brass flatterning out as you make your bends.

Great tip mate, never thought of that one. I would have used Evergreen Styrene and painted it.

Andy

E

einsman

\ said:
Ok this may sound daft!! but they do this when making trumpets.Cap one end then almost fill the brass tube with water, cap the open end and put brass tube into the freezer for a few hours. Then take it out of the freezer and do all the bends you need to. The ice in the brass tube will stop the brass flatterning out as you make your bends.

and the ice doesn't make it harder to bend? Interesting! Thanks for the tip!

B

Bluewavestudios

\ said:

Thanks for that one, might give that a go when I get round to the scale skids on my Bell 230UT. I am currently making a number of other components for it first and will start a build up thread soon.

Regards......Mark