New sculpt nearly finished

P

Paul P

Hi all, as all me Boudicca stuff is packed away ive been playing with the sculpey putty. This is 120mm sculpt of Simon De Montfort 1208 - 1265, if you have never heard of him he is majorly responsible for our current system of government, removing the total rule of the monarch when he was the De Facto ruler of the country.

His colours would have been a red surcoat with a white rampant Lion, He was killed at the battle of Evesham

Please excuse the quality of the pictures. they are pretty crap, I have a few adjustments to do, his right shoulder is a bit big and needs reducing and I still have the sword and scabbard to make and the rest of the steps, there are also a few rivets to do around the helmet, ive made this with a choice of helmet, either with a cross nose guard, or with a full face guard which was the pre curser to helmets with a lift up visor like the pig faced bassenet.

Ok enough of the waffle heres the pics, any comments good or not are welcome

The keen eyed of you will also notice that the belt bars are on the wrong side so they will have to be changed, so bits to add and bits to tidy up but getting there

Paul

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks great Paul. I can see what you mean about the shoulder but I'm thinking this shouldn't be too difficult to correct?

I especially like the lion motif detail - really nice.

Cheers

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You are rather good at this aren't you....

:smiling:

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have no idea how you do that Paul, but I'm seriously impressed (again).

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
" I ate his liver with some farva beans and a nice chianti!" LOL , As for comments and criticisms ,apart from the pig face whatsit making me think of Hannibal Lecter its stunning , i'm absolutely in awe , cheers tony

P

Paul P

Polux ...........Jovial ;)

Paul cheers mate, no its not a biggy to change the shoulder.

Thanks Ian I try

Many thanks Steve, ill try and do An SBS for the next one

Cheers Adrian....OOOOOOOOPPPPPSSSSS completely forgot about it mate, I did give it to my mate to make a copy, im seeing him at the weekend so ill find out if its ready

Thanks Tony, never thought about Hannibal but I see your point

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Paul, you are a master of the sculpting knife.