new to scale modelling

B

Ben wallis

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to scale modelling (I did it a few years back but only for a few months) now I have some more spare time on my hands, I've got some kits, paints, tools, airbrush & compressor etc but what I am lacking is some advice & tips :dontknow: Anything you can pass on to me & share would be very appreciated. If it's any help I'm looking to do Military scale models, I'm currently doing a Trumpeter M1127 stryker.

Thank you in advance

Ben Wallis

C

Cooperman69

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum mate.

A hive of friendly advice and top tips. I've only been back into scale models for about 18 months now but the help of the guys on here has been so useful.

Look forward to seeing your builds.

Atb, Colin.

T

tecdes

Ben welcome & ask for anything you want here, except money, & you will get it.

Laurie

Q

Quintin

Hey Ben,

Welcome back to the hobby! What exactly is it you'd like to know? I'm sure you'll find that everyone here is very helpful and willing to share any knowledge they might have.

Share whatever is on your mind - we'll help where we can!

Quintin

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Welcome Ben to the forum. It may be best if you go and have a look in the military sections and browse the models and build logs, then you can have a go and post up your builds and ask for more detailed info as you go.

Si:smiling3:

D

dubster72

Hi Ben & welcome aboard! This is easily the most friendly & laid-back forum there is!

As the guys have said, any specific questions you have will be answered here - I've not built the Stryker myself so my only input atm is ...patience! My personal Achilles heel!

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Gregg
Welcome Ben. Just take a look through some of the posts on here for ideas.

Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Gregg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Ben welcome from a relatively new member I love it here and am sure you will, you won't find a friendlier more informed bunch of modelers.

P

Polux

Errrhhh....guys :confused: with who are you talking?

Ben was last seen on Jun 2013 :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Errrhhh....guys :confused: with who are you talking?Ben was last seen on Jun 2013 :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Eh, what? Oh...bye Ben.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Ben and welcome, hope you enjoy your stay hear , a top bunch off lads who are very friendly and all very helpful as well, :smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Hi Ben and welcome, hope you enjoy your stay hear , a top bunch off lads who are very friendly and all very helpful as well, :smiling3:
They have caught you out as well Moni :P :P .

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm new to modelling so I thought I'd join this site to help me improve ...............eh it's 2014 oh bugger I must get my tardis fixed !!!!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh booo :confused: did there get you as well Gregg ?

ok all who got caught owe up :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Must learn to read the date stamp...must learn to read the date stamp...must learn to read the date stamp...

Bunch of good lads maybe...but just a bit thick at times :D