Newbie question about enamels and acrylics

J

Jack10

I've only just got back into painting figures after a good 20 years and so far I've only painted a few airfix sets (and they were rushed as I only did them for my little boy to play with and he isn't the most patient lol)

But anyway today I bought a set of panzer grenadiers by dragon. And was just wondering. Can you use both enamel AND acrylic paint on the same model? Or will it cause problems? I have quite a lot of humbrol enamels, and a few Tamiya acrylics. And I have a humbrol acrylic spray primer....Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm new

Also is it best to just go with the colours it suggests on the back of the box or do you guys do your own thing?

Here's my new toys...IMG_1527.JPG

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I have had no problem using Tamiya acrylics with humbrol enamels on the same figure, you just need to let one dry before painting with the other.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
As long as they are completely dry there won't be a problem

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I agree with the above. Never had any problems.
Feel free to ask anything. I always think the only stupid question is one that is never asked.

J

Jack10

Thanks guys. Only been on here a few days but everyone has been so helpful so far and have made me feel very welcome despite not being as skilled a modeller as everyone on here