News from Scale Modelworld 2005 Telford.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
IPMS Telford 2005 show a great success.

From our Shropshire correspondent Dave Peace comes these pictures of the Airfix stand,although the kit was not on sale as originally planned some mock-ups were shown,biggest surprise was a future 1=48th scale Canberra which should be an absolute knockout,the scope for different marks will no doubt be a big bonus for the company to produce different versions.Also projected is another exciting subject the Hawker Siddeley Nimrod to 1=72nd scale,who will be the first to de-convert this one into a Comet ? or better still a cottage industry set of add ons would be a fine plan.

cfd80e00.jpg

TSR.2 1=48th scale mock up and 1=72nd scale mock up on the Airfix stand at Telford 2005.

cfe80e00.jpg

Projected Nimrod and to the right 1=48th scale Canberra on the Airfix stand at Telford 2005.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Super Hunter display at Scale Modelworld.

IPMS%20TELFORD%2011105%20121.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Our hobby in public-Scale Modelworld 2005

Just to give some idea of the size of this show,a general view looking across the stands...

IPMS%20TELFORD%2011105%20050.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Models from Telford.

A very nice model of the Antonov AN-2 biplane exhibited on the IPMS Czech stand.

IPMS%20TELFORD%2011105%20125.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
What if subjects.

This looks like a rather fanciful twin engined version of the Hawker Hart biplane ! there is a group within IPMS that deals with 'What-if' subjects,the enjoyment of modelling knows no boundaries,this one was spotted at Telford.

IPMS%20TELFORD%2011105%20012.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Pre war aerobatic team display.

Lovely display of pre war aerobatic team aircraft made by the aerobatic teams special interest group-

Left to right are Avro Cadet's,Tiger Moth's,Genet Moth's,lower left Siskin and right Gloster Grebe.

Just visible at the rear are Hawker Fury and Bulldog.

IPMS%20TELFORD%2011105%20096.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice Pics Barry !!

Those TSR-2's look great, even in mock up form...!!!

Mark.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***Thanks Mark,it does appear that there has been some delay with its release onto the market,I notice that a certain large mail order house has stopped taking orders for this kit,apparently their quota has been sold,but do not panic as there will be plenty to go around,they do not heavily invest and produce a kit like this to make it in short supply,a maximum production run is aimed for and that will include every model shop throughout the world,it does look very impressive.

Nice Pics Barry !!Those TSR-2's look great, even in mock up form...!!!

Mark.

E

eaglemodels

A picture of us!

Hi - I have just found the photograph half way down the page which shows us on the Eagle Models stand at SMW last month. Could I have permission to take a copy please - it's the only one I have found with us on.....

Steve H

Eagle Models

Tadcaster

UK

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Please go ahead Steve,glad to be of help.

Hi - I have just found the photograph half way down the page which shows us on the Eagle Models stand at SMW last month. Could I have permission to take a copy please - it's the only one I have found with us on.....Steve H

Eagle Models

Tadcaster

UK

E

eaglemodels

Thank you - appreciate it. Hope you enjoyed the show - we certainly did.

Steve