Noob, Hi

pjgtech

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
HI again Peter are you thinking of buyin an air brush ? if you are then ask the member on here for advise before you do buy as could save you money as i wish i had bought a good one yrs ago but i have been scratchbuilding my hms tiger in 1/72 scale for the last 5 yrs or so an thought i dint need one but im now back on a platic model plane an i must admit if i had bought one it would have been now very handy but im now to old to make it worth money wise but you are still young so have a think an dont make the mistake i did
ATB
Chrisb (71)

Not thinking of getting an airbrush just yet, no. First few models will be smallish just to try out a few techniques. Happy to use paintbrush and maybe spray can for primer etc. I know I'll make mistakes and am happy to learn from them.
If/when the time comes to go down the airbrush route, I will a deffo ask on here first.
I am the sort of person who does do a bit of research, I tend not to just go out and buy on the spur of the moment (mostly, but not always!)
Cheers

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, great intro and welcome aboard. In your past repertoire there wasn't a mention of dioramas, will you be trying that out some time?

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

pjgtech

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter, great intro and welcome aboard. In your past repertoire there wasn't a mention of dioramas, will you be trying that out some time?

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
I did actually do a couple of very basic dioramas as a kid yes, but I do mean very basic. I would certainly look into doing some dioramas again as I progress with the hobby..... :thumb2:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Welcome back to the hobby and to this forum, full of friendly advices and banter too, which often makes the difference ;).
Yours is a widely shared history and your approach is absolutely logic.
Finally: your model is your model, enjoy it from the first plastic cut to the last touch of weathering.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Better late than never. Welcome to the forum. Hope that you settle in to the hobby again and hope to see some of your finished builds.