Now this is painting....

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Mt ex-REME brother-in-law told me the usual technique was to pour the paint on the highest part and spread it out with a broom as it ran down.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW they must have added about a ton of paint why did it need that many coats an different coulours ?
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
We all know that phrase the end justifies the means.... this was not one such time. An interesting process but not the most exciting result.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
WOW they must have added about a ton of paint why did it need that many coats an different coulours ?
chrisb
The video description says they were following an historic scheme to pay homage to the squadrons 80 years of service, hence the multiple colours.

Aside from that it looks like pretty standard painting practice, apart from where they must have messed up the green and started over.

Spot prime the bare metal.
Overall primer coat
Base colour
Accent colours

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The video description says they were following an historic scheme to pay homage to the squadrons 80 years of service, hence the multiple colours.

Aside from that it looks like pretty standard painting practice, apart from where they must have messed up the green and started over.

Spot prime the bare metal.
Overall primer coat
Base colour
Accent colours
HI Andy thanks for that info but one thing for sure i wont be puttin that much paint on my tomcat when i get the lights done lol
chrisb