Oh dear... Do I need help

Sprue42

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ralph
Okay, as a returnee to the hobby, I posted recently about 'the stash' Lots of reasons and explanations were given for this behaviour. I started to understand why people have a stash of unmade kits. Well, as I said I am returning to the hobby after many years (decades) away.

I am now baffling myself. I have had a 1/35 scale Fieseler Storch kit for many years as I always fancied building one along with some figures repairing it. My plan was that this will be my first project. Today the equilibrium of my world has just been skewed - I have ordered another kit :anguished: I must point out, at this time, I don't even have any glue!

I now have (or will have when it arrives) two unmade kits. Is there a therapy group I need to join... or am I there already :smiling:

" My name is Ralph and I have a stash!"

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Before you know it you will need a extension!

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Therapy group? That would be us , then, wouldn't it

Unless, of course, we're all actually a cult that exists to serve the whims of the model kit companies...

"Look, loyal one, here we generouslygift to you the nine-hundred-and twelth 109 G, with a complete set of stencils... You KNOW you want one"

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well.....I am not the first to say it but you are now one foot one the slope, the other on a bar of soap.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Oh well…..Best get yourself some extra shelving….the loft is a good place as it improves insulation ;)

Be careful if buying paint or glue online as ‘things’ often appear in the basket at checkout without any warning!

Also, avoid eBay late in the evening after a sherry….prices seem to become a strange blur of spinning numbers which always seem to end with a visit from the postman!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Maybe your next purchase should at least be some glue - your stash will grow faster than you can imagine if you're not building anything.

Some folks suffer more with 'stashitis' than others and as your stash has doubled in size after just one week, I suspect you may be particularly vulnerable. Your next purchase after glue should probably be some storage shelves - I think you're going to need them! :smiling:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I dont care anymore ive got the stash that even contains plenty of wingy things dont ask because I dont know then there's the stash of built but not even shown any wet stuff ,decided why worry lifes to short . Dave