Old Tamiya M10 Tank Destroyer (Tank Busters SIG)

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hello all, Well what can i say. The M10 is finished for one lol, hopefully i've done my challenge by bringing it up to date. This is the first time i've used Vallejo Pigments too, think i could of done a better job of getting inside the tracks but i'm happy with how it turned out.

The build can be found here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/tank-busters/16544-1975-tamiya-m10-tank-destroyer.html

Thanks for looking, and i look forward to your comments.

View attachment 50837View attachment 50838View attachment 50839View attachment 50840View attachment 50841View attachment 50842View attachment 50843View attachment 50844

Have fun, John

View attachment 53452

View attachment 53453

View attachment 53454

View attachment 53455

View attachment 53456

View attachment 53457

View attachment 53458

View attachment 53459

DSCF7588.jpg

DSCF7589.jpg

DSCF7590.jpg

DSCF7591.jpg

DSCF7592.jpg

DSCF7593.jpg

DSCF7594.jpg

DSCF7595.jpg

R

rememal

Nice job of an old kit.

I find that updating an older kit can be more satisfying than a straight build of a new one.

Malc.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks fantastic john! Ive no idea what to look for to tell its an older kit but (armour, its a mystery to me !!) either way its a great build, The base is fab too , and the weathering is excellent. 5 star job mate , cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks guys, and for the five. Yes Malc this one was a very satisfying build mate, even enjoyed the scratch building too. Just wanted something simple for the base Tony, but it turned out better than i thought lol.

Thanks again. Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That has come out a treat John. The weathering is good and as for your doubts with the mud, no worries, it looks like mud to me!

A great job on an old kit, well worth five more stars.

The base is excellent by the way. I like simple.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Ian, had some fun with the pigments. It says you can use water to fix it, but everytime i touched the model some came off. In the end i used Pledge multi mixed with the pigments, worked a treat. I must remember too, when i'm using an old toothbrush to splat the mix on i must do it in a big box. It goe's everywhere lol.

Have fun, John

P

Polux

Very nice Job John.

Always I'm afraid to use pigments, I believe they are difficult to use and obtain a real effect, undoubtedly you have done that this seems to be real!!

5 stars as well!!

Cheers. Polux

First Name
Chris
Nice one John, that's a fine looking beast.

5* from me too.

Cheers

Chris

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks for the comments guys, very much appreciated.

Polux my friend, don't be afraid to use pigments because they're more scared of you lol. I found it better to mix the Vallejo Pigments with Pledge Multi Surface Wax to a nice creamy consistency and flick it on with an old toothbrush, looks more natural too.

Have fun, John

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one John and may i say what a great job you have done on it 5 stars from me and the simple base sets it off lovely

P

Polux

\ said:
Thanks for the comments guys, very much appreciated. Polux my friend, don't be afraid to use pigments because they're more scared of you lol. I found it better to mix the Vallejo Pigments with Pledge Multi Surface Wax to a nice creamy consistency and flick it on with an old toothbrush, looks more

Have fun, John
Thank you very much John!!!

Will try your trick, I have to search a victim... :thumbsup:

C

CDW

Cracking job mate, i noted the differences between your M10 build and the one i did, there's certainly a short-fall of detail here which you have (as usual) overcome and remastered.

Definitely well worth five stars John.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Colin mate, it was acceptable back in the day lol. But it was very enjoyable to sort out. I do have the Italeri M10 Achilles in the stash too, and i feel some more scratch building coming on.

Thanks again, have fun

John

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Good looking M10 John. Nicely done and I love the way you've built up the mud in the crevices.

5 star build mate.

Tony.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I love dirty things. I'll have to have a go at something in armour one day, just to get dirty. Great job.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Colin mate, very much appreciated. I love dirty things too mate, but the wife doesn't so i have to have a bath hehehe.

Have fun, John

P.S,

My laptop now has an habit of shutting down on it's own so thats why you'll see a 13 hour gap from me thanking you and commenting, i hate technology.:badcomputer1:

Last edited by a moderator: