Operation Granby Ferret scout car

First Name
Shaun
Just finishing up a couple of Desert Storm Ferrets in 1/76, but I'm not sure which paint to order for the desert sand, which one is considered the best match? I've been told Tamiya XF-59 is close.

Also I will be including crew members, which I have, but I really wanted to use a couple of Sterling smg's but for the life of me I can't find any in 1/72, 1/76 or 20mm, any ideas?

First Name
Andrea
Sorry, I have no suggestion about your paint choice problem but, maybe, rebounding your query someone more expert on that topic will answer.

Andrea

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
IIRC from magazine articles of 30 years ago, Tamiya XF-59 is indeed close, maybe needing to be lightened slightly. If you’re not wedded to Tamiya paints, though, your best option is probably to search for the real-world colour number Ian mentioned, adding “model paint”, and you should get a number of different options. I see Colourcoats makes it, for example, and also Hataka (but I don’t like the latter myself), and there must be several others.

First Name
Shaun
IIRC from magazine articles of 30 years ago, Tamiya XF-59 is indeed close, maybe needing to be lightened slightly. If you’re not wedded to Tamiya paints, though, your best option is probably to search for the real-world colour number Ian mentioned, adding “model paint”, and you should get a number of different options. I see Colourcoats makes it, for example, and also Hataka (but I don’t like the latter myself), and there must be several others.
I actually do have the Colourcoats Light Stone so that's sorted then:thumb2:.