Out of fuel and out of ammo ! The Ardennes 1945

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful little vignette.

That fate befell many German vehicles in the Ardennes. A survey of 101 tanks and armoured vehicles destroyed in the Ardennes salient showed that 39 were abandoned or demolished by their crews, almost invariably after running out of fuel, ammo, or both. It was the single highest cause of destruction.

For enthusiasts of air power the survey was not good. 1 was destroyed by a bomb and only 6 others credited as 'possibly' by air attack' :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent model Alan....I can see it now.

"What the h**l do we do now, make a snowman?"

Nice one.

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great piece Al, a nice topic well executed. Great board and nice position of vehicle and crew, the scattering of items is just right, the focus is more on the crew.

Si:smiling3:

D

dougie

Lovely, just needs A few dents and scuffs on the barrels ;) the top and bottom edges always get chipped to bits and dunted. Unless you have done and I can't see it on my phone?

Great work and lovely base as well :cool:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate that :smiling3:

\ said:
Beautiful little vignette.
That fate befell many German vehicles in the Ardennes. A survey of 101 tanks and armoured vehicles destroyed in the Ardennes salient showed that 39 were abandoned or demolished by their crews, almost invariably after running out of fuel, ammo, or both. It was the single highest cause of destruction.

For enthusiasts of air power the survey was not good. 1 was destroyed by a bomb and only 6 others credited as 'possibly' by air attack' :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
your spot on Steve , history tells of Patton breaking the back of the German lines but in reality it was more the Germans lost the war of attrition, some credit can be given to the allied airforces for stopping most of the supply lines but as you say it was pretty awful on the tank destroying front :smiling3:

\ said:
Lovely, just needs A few dents and scuffs on the barrels ;) the top and bottom edges always get chipped to bits and dunted. Unless you have done and I can't see it on my phone?
Great work and lovely base as well :cool:
there is some around the areas that you can see in real life bit I painted the barrels in metalcote so it's not showing up in the pics :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superb Job Alan........... The Marder and the guy on it look frozen solid............. Superb Detail. I really like it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I know you've all seen the model I just thought it looked better on the base

Thanks for the great comments :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do real like this one Alan,very nice detail on the crew and marder,

set into the scene.well,and looks like ice on the ground,great build, :D

First Name
Aaron
Nice build pal, is the base a Matt or did you lay all the tufts yourself?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate that:smiling3:

\ said:
Nice build pal, is the base a Matt or did you lay all the tufts yourself?
This is the mat type , I got it at Telford last year , they are good and you can cut them to the size you need but it's very difficult to get stuff to stick on them as there very spongy , I don't think I'd get another one