Palestinian boy throwing rocks

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'm currently building a dio based around an Israeli Tank and a boy throwing rocks at it...

grabbed the Masterbox 'Iraq' insurgents No.2 set due to there being a boy in it that could be easily altered to resemble the figure stance I'm after..

anyhow..

after a bit of cutting and chopping I've created the stance, and I'm now attempting to paint his clothing... namely Jeans and a jumper/sweatshirt combo..

I'm not sure my attempts are anywhere close... and would appreciate your thoughts on the colours I've ended up with.. (they're shiny due to still being wet and I'll flatten them down when finished).

TIA
IMG_7304.jpg

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm no figure expert Chris, but he looks good to me. I would say looking at his face that he is more an older teenager, than a boy. Colors and pose are fine....

Prost
Allen

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'm no figure expert Chris, but he looks good to me. I would say looking at his face that he is more an older teenager, than a boy. Colors and pose are fine....

Prost
Allen
yeah. looking at him again, you're right he would appear to be around 14 /15 ish..

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Had a chance to throw a bit of paint at him...

He does needs a bit more work when he's dried off, maybe a contrasting image on his shirt, highlights, and maybe a repaint of his flesh tones....

(I'm not completely happy with his face, at close range it does look like the moulds are beginning to show their age a bit, and no longer as crisp as it would have been originally, also I'm viewing it at close range.. the pics are 77% zoomed in, so maybe at a normal viewing distance of two feet it'll look ok....)

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7310.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking pretty good Chris. Face is nice.
For feedback I would say you are portraying a bright sunlight high contrast environment so need to darken the shadows on the clothing and possibly push the highlights a bit. The denim could do with a little fading as well, looks too new as is. Trainers look great, by the way.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's a great idea for a dio Chris. The rock thrower looks very good. Tim's thoughts about the contrast in bright sunshine seem sound

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
R
That's a great idea for a dio Chris. The rock thrower looks very good. Tim's thoughts about the contrast in bright sunshine seem sound
Road of Bones did this scene back at Milton...... remember

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
R

Road of Bones did this scene back at Milton...... remember
are there any images of it kicking around ?

I've only seen a couple of pictures of this scene since i began mine..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Langy....
I'm still in contact with 'bones'..... one will ask nicely for some pics of his dio for you
Nick
Hi Nick

It's funny you should mention him. I used to be on a very small invitation only forum for a couple of years that unfortunately died a death, it's where I met Andy Smythe and Bobthestug but Bones was also a member when I joined.

Hope he's doing ok, he did some great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Hi Nick

It's funny you should mention him. I used to be on a very small invitation only forum for a couple of years that unfortunately died a death, it's where I met Andy Smythe and Bobthestug but Bones was also a member when I joined.

Hope he's doing ok, he did some great work.

ATB.

Andrew
Andy
He is well, happy and gigging again lol
Nick

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Yep- still this side of the line!

Nice figure conversion Langy The shirt’s well-done too. As I recall, my rock-thrower was a resin figure I found on eBay by a company whose name eludes me. The tank was an Italeri M60A1 converted to a Magach 6B GAL using a Legends upgrade kit and a set of Fruils for a Merkava. I based it on the classic David & Goliath photo.

As Niho says, I’m back gigging again- during COVID my modelling mojo disappeared, but I rediscovered my love of the guitar, and ended up doing that instead. It’s keeping me busy and getting me out & about (and I get paid!).

Keep up the good work!

Bones☠️

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Yep- still this side of the line!

Nice figure conversion Langy The shirt’s well-done too. As I recall, my rock-thrower was a resin figure I found on eBay by a company whose name eludes me. The tank was an Italeri M60A1 converted to a Magach 6B GAL using a Legends upgrade kit and a set of Fruils for a Merkava. I based it on the classic David & Goliath photo.

As Niho says, I’m back gigging again- during COVID my modelling mojo disappeared, but I rediscovered my love of the guitar, and ended up doing that instead. It’s keeping me busy and getting me out & about (and I get paid!).

Keep up the good work!

Bones☠️
Good to see you popping in mate, I'll do my best to keep it up.. although I'm a long way off how good yours looks.. hoping to get some real progress done with the base this weekend.