Palm Tree Leaves?

N

noble

\ said:
How to make a palm tree take 20cm of heavy electric cable and wrap string around it leaveing 6mm gaps once you get to the bottom wrap the string back up leaving criss cross shapes and tie the string in a knot at the top this will be covered later.use wallpaper paste and cover the trunk and wrap 3 layers of toilet roll around it and allow to dry for 24hrs.
For the leaves go to a garden centre or florist and buy green silk leaves and about 1 dozen of the lengths of wire they use for mounting artificial flowers. Now trim the leaves to shape and the size you need snip the edges of the leaves so they look like palm fronds.

Now those lengths of wire you attach these to the underside of the leaf and trim the wire so that it protrudes from the end of the leaf by 1cm, now that the trunk should be dry attach the leaves to the top of the trunk by pushing them through and glueing in place allow this to dry then. Wrap coconut strand string around the top of the tree to cover the knot, this simulates old growth now paint the trunk and we are all done. The ingredients for this at the florist cost me £3.50 and i have enough leaves for 3 palm trees the rest of the stuff can usually be found arond the house, hope this is helpful.

scott

scott

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top marks for persevering with the palm tree leaves, Scott

Looks as though you have finally cracked it!

Well done mate,

:yeahbaby:Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great tips ,scott .ill be nicking the trunk idea when i get round to doing my desert scene of the bf109 and kubelwagen,its now getting a palm tree as well as sandbags and oil drums ,Oh and dont forget plenty of budgie sand and grit !!!! cheers tony

N

noble

\ said:
great tips ,scott .ill be nicking the trunk idea when i get round to doing my desert scene of the bf109 and kubelwagen,its now getting a palm tree as well as sandbags and oil drums ,Oh and dont forget plenty of budgie sand and grit !!!! cheers tony
Already got that covered for my next dio yak which in case you haven't guessed by now is a desert dio but enough said.

scott:smile11: