Well done so far Ian, the weathering looks great 

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great muckying up Ian! The wheels look knackered , top work! the body is going to look fantastic in that blue, cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking job Ian, and what memories seeing the Samba brought back for not only me, but my wife too.

In 1971, during my 'surfing period', we bought a V.W. exactly the same as this model, but ours was light blue and grey. We used to transport number one son in his carry cot on the rear shelf over the engine! (nice and warm)

Ash internal woodwork with velour upholstery, a steering column gear change, a hand brake that came out of the dash board, bench front seats, a pipe with a flap for a heater and a 6v. electric system!

Best of all, just four bolts and the engine was out and on the floor......another pot three cylinder to replace...again! The poor thing eventually bent in the middle (too much salt air)

Happy days and great fun.

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real starting to take shape with this one,very nice work so far, 9_9

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great muckying up Ian! The wheels look knackered , top work! the body is going to look fantastic in that blue, cheers tony

It's not going to be that colour blue on the outside Tony, I'm going make it look like it's had a respray with my own colour scheme.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice progress on this one Ian,do like the colors,and nice with the floor weathering, :D

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
That paint effect is unusual "marble like"

Makes the bus pop!

Cheers,Ben

First Name
Gwyn
Well done Ian, that paint job is going to look fantastic on the completed model. I will be watching progress closely.

D

Deleted member 4539

Very nice blue colour. :smiling3:

How did you get this pattern?.

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice blue colour. :smiling3:

How did you get this pattern?.

Hi Ralph, it was fairly easy really.

1st I painted it glsoss black ( I used Vallejo surface primer gloss black ) but any gloss black will do.

2nd I sprayed it with Silver ( Vallejo Metal colour ) then while still wet I placed some cling film on it and scrunched it up a little, then pulled it off. That gives it the marble effect. But again any silver colour should work.

3rd Mixed someTamiya X23 clear blue about 50/50 with thinners then sprayed 3 light coats over it all. I used blue but you could use any clear colour you want, and that's it.

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Ralph, it was fairly easy really.

1st I painted it glsoss black ( I used Vallejo surface primer gloss black ) but any gloss black will do.

2nd I sprayed it with Silver ( Vallejo Metal colour ) then while still wet I placed some cling film on it and scrunched it up a little, then pulled it off. That gives it the marble effect. But again any silver colour should work.

3rd Mixed someTamiya X23 clear blue about 50/50 with thinners then sprayed 3 light coats over it all. I used blue but you could use any clear colour you want, and that's it.

Thanks for that info Ian.

Very helpful and when I next do a car I think I will give it a go :smiling3: