Papa 695s 1/72 ACE Salamander crash tender.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Late to this party, but loving your work on this tiny critter, Ian. Like Andrew said, it sure is red!!! It would be kinda hard to miss if it gets lost on your bench...

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
“Centre drive” I understand, but what does “No hand signals” mean?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
“Centre drive” I understand, but what does “No hand signals” mean?
Back in the mists of time the HIghway Code laid down a series of hand signals (indicating 'I intend to turn left/right etc) that supplemented the rather inadequate visual signals on motor vehicles; in the interim period before warning indicators became much more recognisable large/bulky vehicles had that sign as a warning to other road users to beware of said vehicles intentions. It involved poking your arm out of the window and waving it in the breeze basically!
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Back in the mists of time the HIghway Code laid down a series of hand signals
That’s what my initial thoughts were, but it seemed unlikely to still be in use at the time this vehicle was. But I guess it’s the UK, so you probably still have to learn all these things today, right? ;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That’s what my initial thoughts were, but it seemed unlikely to still be in use at the time this vehicle was. But I guess it’s the UK, so you probably still have to learn all these things today, right? ;)
Ouch, that's harsh - nothing wrong with traditionalism (even if it's a synonym for stagnation!) :cool:
Steve

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Here in the Netherlands, those signals only apply to cyclists, and even then, only the turn signals — which the majority either fail to do at all, or do in a very slapdash manner at that … Motorized vehicles must have working turn signals, so waving your arm to indicate a turn is superfluous and not part of the rules of the road for them.

Last edited:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Brill well done Ian looks great ,I know there not the best kits in the world but hey sticking with it till the end has given you a great little build ,I always get as much pleasure from seeing them through as I do from the finished kit if that makes sense ,plus what a great little subject fair play to ACEfor putting it out there choice is what makes 72nd so good you don't see the big hitters quing up to bring it out in 35th. Well done only trouble I think I've enjoyed this one more than you. Dave