papa 695's Honda CB750 completed

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is one of the greatest dios I have ever seen...not joking, the detailing is to die for. The bubbling paint work, oil stains, worn rubber tyres. From a distance this looks real...honestly, just keep going back and looking at the pictures to make sure. Great build from me Ian and I am sure it will get many more, it deserves it.

Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Jep that is brilliant!

If I may comment on one thing. The front wheel. With all the other detail working so well the rim of the front wheel just looks very out of place. If it was me and I couldn't get the rim sorted, I would have left the tyre on. I hope you don't mind me saying that.

The paint, the rust, broken parts and the lights and dials all pull together and say I'm old and beaten, please save me...

Still think it looks ,like mine after it got parked under a bus...

Great build Ian

P

Polux

You nailed Ian!!!

Very, very nice and great build!! Simply excellent!!

Cheers. Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a fabulous piece of work! Didn't you start to build a shed for it to lean against?

Gern

B

Bunkerbarge

What an absolute cracker. I really like this diorama as it is so full of atmosphere and character. Beautifull weathering and an amazing understanding of just what weathering and wear and tear do to a piece of machinery. Fantastic!!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
That's a fabulous piece of work! Didn't you start to build a shed for it to lean against?Gern
Hi Dave yes I did, but when I put the shed on it took centre stage, so I decided to make a simpler base. I think it keeps your eyes on the subject now

C

CDW

I can't add much to what's already been said, the wheel rim might be ''not quite right'' but thats it for any constructive critisism from me .... I know from doing the scrapyard dio how difficult it is to replicate the neglect, wear and corrosion of a subject, you can go too far if you're not careful,... This however, is a stunning example of getting it pretty much ''bang on''!!!

C

CDW

Then we need a new picture of What is now near perfection young man :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Love the detailed weathering. All my congratulations on this one!

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
this bike is 5 stars from me it brings back so many happy memories for me it looks like the 750 Honda that I bought and restored well done mate:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks like a winner to me mate!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
wow...that came out nice

love the oil stains, they really add to the air of abandonment :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Wow that’s some nice bike, the setting is beautiful hat too look twice thought it was the real deal.

Good work.

Cheers Richi