Papa695s let’s build a bi-plane.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You guys are killing me here.....Yes, I do have some bi-wing thingy's in the stash (as some on here might know) and am in the middle of building one right now. This GB would be a good reason to build my WnW Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 and put the H-B W.29 (mono-wing) off till later on...Okay Ian, you can add my name to the list!!!

Most people are put off from building bi-wingy birds because of the rigging. Trust me folks, if my old fat, bumbly, shakin', sausage fingers can do it, anybody can!!!...

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
If anybody is feeling adventurous ( or masochistic! ) how about the Copper State Models Caudron GIV in 1/32?
Dave, I have the dog butt dragging Caudron G.III from from CSM in the stash. After looking at the rigging diagrams, I'll pass on building it for now.......

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I have a couple of candidates, but I think I'll see how I get on with my entry for the Russian plane build before I commit to another bi- plane!

Nick

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You guys are killing me here.....Yes, I do have some bi-wing thingy's in the stash (as some on here might know) and am in the middle of building one right now. This GB would be a good reason to build my WnW Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 and put the H-B W.29 (mono-wing) off till later on...Okay Ian, you can add my name to the list!!!

Most people are put off from building bi-wingy birds because of the rigging. Trust me folks, if my old fat, bumbly, shakin', sausage fingers can do it, anybody can!!!...

Prost
Allen
Dude1 are you absolutely sure you will finish with in the time frame ;)
Previous attempts come to mind .:cool:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
You've twisted my elbow! I'm in!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude1 are you absolutely sure you will finish with in the time frame ;)
Previous attempts come to mind .:cool:
Can't say Dude 2, and my previous attempts at finishing GB's really suck....but, as they say, the only absolutely sure things in life, are death and taxes! I do need the H-B W.12 built before the end of March though......................

• Haha
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Prost
Allen

Or cheat like me and build one that doesn't need rigging!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Now Andrew...That really isn't cheating, but you should really give rigging a try. Yes, in 1/48, it is a it more difficult than in 1/32 but....A man with your skills would have no probs at all. Give it a shot my friend!!!...

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'd like to play too, but that means choosing ONE when most of them in the stash are pairs... Two different DH9As, Two Furies... Four CR.32s. FIVE if I count the 1/32 one...

I have too much stuff...

Maybe the Grebe or the Woodcock...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not for me, tried it once and that was nerve racking, will watch and hopefully lean form Dude 1

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm gonna join in with this one,a double first for me....
... first Biplane.....
... and first WW1 Aircraft..
..... oh dear,I could be in trouble now!!...
MFS47606.jpg
Kinda looking forward to it in a weird sort of way!!:hugging-face:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'd like to play too, but that means choosing ONE when most of them in the stash are pairs... Two different DH9As, Two Furies... Four CR.32s. FIVE if I count the 1/32 one...

I have too much stuff...

Maybe the Grebe or the Woodcock...
I was thinking of only about my 1/48 stuff - then I remembered the 1/72 candidates, Seafox, HP 0/400, HP Heyford etc. & thought Yes I have too much stuff as well!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm not going to decide until the end of the year, I think I have about 15 1/48 biplanes to choose from ( OK, II have several duplicates ), so I reckon I'll be able to choose one that no-one else is building ( SE5A crossed off already )
Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Seams as some have now started threads for next year’s GB’s I suggest a Bi-plane GB starting 1st January 2024 until end of April 24. Any Bi-plane any scale.
Any takers?
Would a tri-plane qualify Papa? I like the Fokker 'cos it doesn't seem to have much rigging or wing struts!
Steve