Peck & Cheat lines.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Have you seen those colourschemes where the paintwork is divided with this peck or cheatlines ? well there is a really easy way to achieve such a colourscheme,go along to any good graphic supplies and take a look at the range of chart tapes,these are used for wall planning charts and are made as very narrow tapes in a variety of colours,the other good thing about them is that they will easily take a curve on your model.

Dont forget to dfinish off with a thin coat of clearcote or similar to seal the edges.

Nautical types will appreciate the uses of this tape on their models,in fact anywhere that a very thin line is required. :groupwave

A

adzam

thnx bud, i recently purchased a couple of rolls of lines.approx an inch and a half wide.

on the roll is aselection of widths, 8 in all. .5mm , 0.8mm , 1.3mm 2.1mm ,3.3mm 5 mm

7mm and 10mmthe roll length is 2.5 meteres. and only cost around 2 pounds.

what it says on the pack......"when applied to a clean surface and rubbed down it is highly resistant to peeling and creeeping etc, thin self coloured fuel resistant.

it`s made my model technics and is called "trimline self adhesive coach line"

i got it from scoonie hobbies in fife who say that a lot of aeromodellors use it for various things, and also boat modelors use it for waterlines etc.

should of said , is apparently available in white,red,yellow,orange,pink blue etc etc loads and loads of colours.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I bet this is the same type of material Adzam,it sounds as if it has virtually the same properties,the surface is slightly creped which helps it get around a tight curve,glad you found the tip useful.

A

adzam

find most of your tips useful mate, problem is , a lot of the probs i need to overcome by using your tips i have not yet achieved :smiling3: .

if that makes sense .

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Dont worry Adzam think of them as an on-line dosier here of things you could encounter in the future ? a lot of the tips can be modified to suit different problems,the trouble is we are spoiled for choice these days as to the different models and materials on the market and it sometimes gets mighty confusing for the beginner.