Permagrit tools.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
One of the best tools that has been invented in recent years, in my humble opinion is the range of excellent products marketed by Permagrit.

These are alloy blocks which have been treated with Cintride in highly controlled conditions where even an open door causes problems in manufacture,this produces a product superior to any other abrasive product such as glass paper,Tungston Carbide etc they are super tough and will rip through all kinds of materials with ease,in fact new blocks need a bit of running in to get rid of the too efficent abrasive,even so my set of blocks have now given me five years of service and are still going strong having been used on dozens of model projects in that time.

Now the product has been expanded to incorporate all sorts of tricky sanding shapes to make life easier for the model maker.

Go for the largest that you can afford,the blocks have coarse on one face and medium on the other side,half round has a similar grade fitted either end.

Best way to clean them up is to use a wire brush across the surface which will remove any embedded material.

I award this product a whopping nine out of ten,once you have used one you will never go back to glasspaper wrapped around a lump of wood ever again.