PETES CLASSIC AIRFIX TRISTAR

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think you have done a great job Peter, I know this was an old kit and think you have worked magic in the paint scheme and build.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

I like the "burn" effect on the engine ;)

Looks fine to me!!

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job peter , great to see some more civil stuff , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good work Peter. The decals have yellowed a bit but I am guessing 30+ years will do that to a kit.

First Name
Mike
Nice job Peter, it's a shame the decals were yellowed. Although I've never tried it, I've heard that taping yellowed decals to the inside of a window for a few days will enable the sunshine to bleach the varnish clear - assuming you can find any sunshine ;)

W

Willi262

I think I was a passenger on a plane like this one once...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Nice job Peter, it's a shame the decals were yellowed. Although I've never tried it, I've heard that taping yellowed decals to the inside of a window for a few days will enable the sunshine to bleach the varnish clear - assuming you can find any sunshine ;)
It works up to a point Mike but if they are really yellowed I dont think the sun in britain is strong enough or frequent enough for that matter!! I once had the same probs with an Airfix skyvan in olympic airlines colours , I ended up painting over the yellow outline with white after applying them , Tony

First Name
Mike
\ said:
It works up to a point Mike but if they are really yellowed I dont think the sun in britain is strong enough or frequent enough for that matter!! I once had the same probs with an Airfix skyvan in olympic airlines colours , I ended up painting over the yellow outline with white after applying them , Tony
Ah, OK. I did wonder about the frequency of sunshine :smiling3: White bodied airliners (and Skyvans) are ideal for making your own inkjet/laser decals if you have the capability, as you don't need to worry about the translucency of the inks (which would be an issue if you were applying them over camo colors).

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
It works up to a point Mike but if they are really yellowed I dont think the sun in britain is strong enough or frequent enough for that matter!!
Send them here, our UV will whiten anything.