PETES WET FOREST RALLY STAGE

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
M

mobear

kielder forest stages they were the best when wet will watch from afar and on the inside of the bend lol

C

CDW

I'm with ole, I'm not watching on the outside of a corner in the wet!

First Name
Andy
Safest place would be on the outside just before the bend, this way, you'll see them approaching the corner, going round and exiting...

When they're in Clocaenog by me some won't let you stand on the inside, it can be just as dangerous as standing on the exit of the bend...

Looking good so far Peter... :smiling3:

Andy...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes, that looks tops Peter, the extra board pieces really bring it to life and add to the dynamism of the piece. Really like this.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Can you turn (bend) the front wheels for some opposite lock Peter?

Would add to the little details...

If you dribble some poly glue on the plastic axle it'll heat it up a bit and make bending easier, plus when it's cured it'll be rock solid:smiling:

C

CDW

That looks better to me, I like to see little details like that, it all adds to the end result. :smiling:

0ne48thtel

Pete what about adding some bales or tyres around the Telegraph poles that would add another bit of realism.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good peter, dont forget to cake the telegraph poles and danger tape in mud , on that corner they'd get pretty mucky! cheers tony

M

mobear

or the 2 mad people who lean as far forward to clap the car as went by(and those people or persons were never me....`whistles`and looks innocent) lol

mobear

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice work, Peter.

I'm sure your rally builds have given those who are building a rally car in January some good pointers and ideas.

Roll on Jan. 1st!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks great Peter, the added tyre direction brings more life to the scene, excellent.

Si:smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Very nice work, Peter.I'm sure your rally builds have given those who are building a rally car in January some good pointers and ideas.

Roll on Jan. 1st!
I will be doing the rally build but only as a pre rally condition as i have no room for a 1/24 dio .

Peter t

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Why not carry on with the smaller 1/43 cars?