Pics of my first attempt as it nears completion!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Wow 1st attempt ! That's amazing if I could get a model car to look that good I'd be doing them all the time top job so far please hurry along can't wait to see the finish regards John

L

Laurie

Very nice work indeed Rob. Very meticulous work and a vey nice precision paint job.

Like the gold metallic that is impressive.

Also like your photographic work. Not easy to to take bright shiny subjects.

Laurie

J

John Huggins

Outstanding work Rob, like the colour to.

Keep up the good work.

John

D

dubster72

That's really good Rob, you've got that paintwork looking amazing! I can't wait to see the finished article.

What is the car? I was thinking a Cutlass at first, but now ....

Cheers

Patrick

1275GT

That's a really nice finish on the bodywork, what kit is it?

Cheers, Neil

First Name
Gregg
That paint job is just brilliant, love the colour!

R

Rob1

Thank you all for your kind comments

The car? is a revell 69 Ford Talladega, off ebay it arrived with the roof damaged, the A frame that supports the windscreen snapped and the glass covered in very many scratches and was a case of bin or win!

The colour? when my airbrush arrived I had 2 pots of createx paint pearl plum and pearl pineapple after practicing on everything I could get my hands on from plastic spoons to pot noodle pots I did not have enough left of either to paint the model! so I mixed them together and well 'Iwas not expecting that' LOL gold. (hence the clash with the interior which was already painted but I keep telling myself somewhere there is a cow that colour:rolleyes:

As for the detail that is the part I love although I could not do it without these...............!!!!!

This should have been the first one but I ruined the paint job on the body with some runaway glue:mad:??? gutted see the bonnet below I was pleased with it, you can see it in the back ground of the pic above back to primer to start again its createx pearl pineapple.

Revell chevy gasser (badman)

View attachment 79934

View attachment 79935

View attachment 79936

This is project no 3 I can not wait to get into this one it has HT leads and rubber tube for the cooling system etc it is an AMT Chevy Nomad 1:16 scale I bought the paint for this one before the car came irridescent violet I was advised to start with base colours but hey bring it on I say, those could be famous last words LOL

View attachment 79937

Thanks again for your kind comments and advice:smiling3:

Rob.

View attachment 79932

View attachment 79938

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

PaulTRose