Police Box

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats a good way of doing it as well,maybe a little less than the way i do ,do it,,but it dose work well, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
thats a good way of doing it as well,maybe a little less than the way i do ,do it,,but it dose work well, ;)
I think it's the easiest way to start moni , not all of us are as good as you :P

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh total agree Alan,its a good way to do them,and do look good as well, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'll bet you inside it's really big though.
scott
That doesn't work as a chat up line for some reason :confused:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Ok guys and girls .............. I think this is as good as he is gonna get.

View attachment 116781

View attachment 116782

View attachment 116783

But we do have aa bit of a problem.............. Something I should have spotted before I spent half my life trying to paint him............. He doesn't seat in the seat quite right. Positioned on the seat where his legs go under the instrument panel, with his head on the headrest. There is a gap between him and the seat back .......... So I have two choices........

A. Forget the whole idea of the pilot. .............. I was rather hoping this build would be "Canopy Closed" and just lifting of the runway............ So maybe I'll just do it canopy up sitting on the deck.

or

B. Round off his back a little (H is rather flat at the back) and put something behind him as a "Backrest". It's not ho it's supposed to be . But the seat isn't the correct seat for the MIG-21PF as it is. So the rivet counters can have a field day with that anyway................

View attachment 116784

DSCN1982.JPG

DSCN1983.JPG

DSCN1984.JPG

DSCN1985A.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I would do it half half,take some off the helm,as well as some off the head rest,

and if there is a little gap left from his back and the seat back just fill it,

but do it in a u shape were you take some of the head rest so it dose not look flat, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I would do it half half,take some off the helm,as well as some off the head rest,
and if there is a little gap left from his back and the seat back just fill it,

but do it in a u shape were you take some of the head rest so it dose not look flat, ;)
This little fella is starting to get "Right up my Chuff".........Am I somewhere close on the painting ?

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
This little fella is starting to get "Right up my Chuff".
oh lol :D

some do tend to do that at times,put him down too,one of these things ,that go bump in the night, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
oh lol :D
some do tend to do that at times,put him down too,one of these things ,that go bump in the night, ;)
I think I'll put him off to one side now and leave him for a while............. and get on with building the airplane. Otherwise I might end up doing him some physical damage.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I think I'll put him off to one side now and leave him for a while............. and get on with building the airplane. Otherwise I might end up doing him some physical damage.
......................................................................... :D ............oh lol...............................................................:mad:.little men ha