Police Box

D

Deleted member 3568

Great work as usual, much too small for me, don't know how you manage it, unless of course you are using a trick rule that's actually double scale, making the tardis actually 96 millimetres, oh yes I'm onto your little tricks moni.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Steve,Ken,Barry,

so glad you all like it,much harder than you think painting so small with detail, oh my eyes my eyes lol,:confused::rolleyes: :D

\ said:
Great work as usual, much too small for me, don't know how you manage it, unless of course you are using a trick rule that's actually double scale, making the tardis actually 96 millimetres, oh yes I'm onto your little tricks moni.
oh Boo you found out all done with smoke and mirrors lol,,:Dreal 1;1 oh I like that, :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
A 1/48 scale Dr who scene , sounds interesting, moni I don't think the copyright cover things like this I'm quite sure you can mention the tardis :D
It isn't 1/48 Al, 1/48 is 1 inch=48 inches. The Tardis is 48mm so is 1.88 inches so to go with the 28mm figures it will be 1/56 scale. In fact I have confused myself, so Moni, Al and anyone else looking just ignore...I'm off back to bed.

Nice work Moni, lovely little police box.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
the trick is not to use black as the color of the black oxygen mask,but a dark gray,to when washed with a blac it will high lite the lows,and then a very lite dry brush with
a mid gray on the most outer points,

see if that works,for you,

paint him black primer,then use a mid green,as a base,then come back with a darker green wash to get the low points,this should work on that scale,once dry,use a liter

green as a dry brush,

with the visor and helmet ,paint in an off white,and with the visor do the same a dark gray,then run around the edge with a black,very fine line,and use a lite gray as were the

light will hit the visor

hope this helps and explains it a little better for you, ;)
Thanks Monica........ I'll give that a go. I think to "clear the deck" once I've buttoned up the fuselage this evening, and got the wings on tomorrow...... I'll be leaving all that to dry properly for a couple of days....... So I'll dedicate the weekend to the little guy, and try to crack it.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Monica........ I'll give that a go. I think to "clear the deck" once I've buttoned up the fuselage this evening, and got the wings on tomorrow...... I'll be leaving all that to dry properly for a couple of days....... So I'll dedicate the weekend to the little guy, and try to crack it.
I think that way should work for you,mid green with a black wash should pickup the deeper lines,and fraim him in,that the idea behind it,

will be interested to hear how you get on, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
It isn't 1/48 Al, 1/48 is 1 inch=48 inches. The Tardis is 48mm so is 1.88 inches so to go with the 28mm figures it will be 1/56 scale. In fact I have confused myself, so Moni, Al and anyone else looking just ignore...I'm off back to bed.
Nice work Moni, lovely little police box.
glad that you like it, :D

oh dear Si,well you know ,I get so confused trying to work out scales as well,and just give up in the end lol,

It is meant to be used with the 28mm figures,:rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I think that way should work for you,mid green with a black wash should pickup the deeper lines,and fraim him in,that the idea behind it,
will be interested to hear how you get on, :D
Ok Monica............ I've reached the conclusion that figures are definitely "Not My Thing" ............ I've spent bloody ages on this and he definitely isn't going to compliment the MIG-21 one bit.........

View attachment 116710

View attachment 116711

View attachment 116712

DSCN1976.JPG

DSCN1977.JPG

DSCN1978.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
OK ......So when you finish laughing Monica........... Give me your comments.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that's not so bad at all Peter,

ok to pickup the detail,on his uniform,just a very lite dry brush of a darkish to like gray cross way on his chest,

will pick up the pockets and a bit of an aged white on his helm ,then on his hands a very thin wash of a dark red or flesh color, ;)

as I can see the line were his arm is again his chest,

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks Monica and Alan ....... I'll give that a go.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
for a dry brush i do always try not to use white,but a liter shade of what the color is,as the same with if some think is black,

I only use true black in the deepest parts ,and the rest will be a blue/blck or very dark gray/black, if that's any help, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
for a dry brush i do always try not to use white,but a liter shade of what the color is,as the same with if some think is black,
I only use true black in the deepest parts ,and the rest will be a blue/blck or very dark gray/black, if that's any help, ;)
The body is a "Military Green" ......... I went over it with a Grey wash. Which I think gives it a bit of a worn look......... I'll try the dry brush on it ......... and now it's been pointed out that seam line on his right arm needs sorting.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
As moni says use a lighter colour for your dry brush and just flick it over the raised areas

This is a tank commander I did a few years back and I used revels dust grey View attachment 116718

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The body is a "Military Green" ......... I went over it with a Grey wash. Which I think gives it a bit of a worn look......... I'll try the dry brush on it ......... and now it's been pointed out that seam line on his right arm needs sorting.
If it's dark green use a light olive colour that's what I use on German troops :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
he looks great Alan, ;)

thats what i do mean,

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
it all come with time and some days I just cannot get it right so leave for another day, ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I agree just plug away it will all come together

The proccess I used when I started was

1 paint the figure in the desired colour

2 give it a dark wash so all the paint settles into the creases

3 dry brush the original colour so your left with the shadow in the creases

4 a lighter colour just over the top of the raised areas

I hope this helps you out mate