Precision Masking Tapes Special offer

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've just got a new range of masking tape in and while it's on offer at my supplier which I don't believe is long you can save 1/3 off the RRP

6, 10, 18 and 40mm singles and twin packs, you can find them here

Featuring paint stop technology - unique ingredient actively stops paint bleed.

Ideal for modelling, arts and crafts.

Use for intricate masking applications.

No paint lines or bleed.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have just received mine and it is just like Tamiya tape, seems good value at 18 m length. Not sure what the Tammy tape length is though for a true comparison.

T

tecdes

I am interested to find how good the anti bleed qualities are.

Could you let us know Barry ?

Laurie

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Not sure what the Tammy tape length is though for a true comparison.
Same 18m

First Name
Dave
I've been doing a lot of decorating in my new house this year.Been using 'Frog Tape' as sold by B&Q For masking skirting boards,architraves and ceilings.This tape has the paint stop technology and it works really well.It looks and feels like Tamiya's kibuki tape.Ive got some left over so am going to try it on my models.Costs £7.99 for a 38mm x 41metre roll, so should work out good value.

T

tecdes

\ said:
I've been doing a lot of decorating in my new house this year.Been using 'Frog Tape' as sold by B&Q For masking skirting boards,architraves and ceilings.This tape has the paint stop technology and it works really well.It looks and feels like Tamiya's kibuki tape.Ive got some left over so am going to try it on my models.Costs £7.99 for a 38mm x 41metre roll, so should work out good value.
Yes I have seen that Dave & thought about it. Did worry that it may not have such kind release qualities as model tape. Domestic is more robust than model paint. Be very interesting to find your results.

Laurie

First Name
Dave
Laurie.The yellow Frog tape is very low tack and can be used on wallpaper ( you have to pull it off slowly and carefully though).So it should be fine on models.Will try it out on my Hurricane this weekend.