Presentation to forum members

Pancho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Joaquim
Good afternoon everybody.

My name is Joaquim Pancho, I'm 53 years old and I live in Bicesse, parish of Alcabideche, municipality of Cascais.

I am a PSP agent and have been stationed in the Cascais Division since 1996, the year I came from Porto after six months of service in that city.

I am also a visual artist, as I paint in watercolor and oil and last September of this year it appeared in a French art magazine called ART4ANY, (unfortunately it is only for sale on Amazon).

In addition to painting, I have this passion for model building, which was passed on to me by my older brother, when he was in the Portuguese Air Force, and I also followed in his footsteps by volunteering in 1990, serving 4 years of service. I was stationed there for 1 year in Sintra in 1991, where I watched, so to speak, the end of the Wings of Portugal, the famous T-37, after the terrible accident involving captain José Pinto, when he was carrying out some maneuvers and the wings of the device broke. Tests carried out on the remaining planes in the squadron revealed that they all had micro cracks in the wings, putting an end to the Asas de Portugal, which left us with many memories.

Having said that, I headed to Monte Real, where I was working on our old A7 and at the end of my time in the Air Force, I was also able to witness the arrival of the first four F-16s.

Of course, as you may have already calculated that my preference is for 1/72 scale planes, but I also like collecting prototypes and models relating to space conquest, but I rule out science fiction, although I would really like to have a model of the Eagle from Space series 1999.

But, I'm here to learn new techniques, new products, brands with you and of course admire the work of all the members, as I'm a person who values this type of work, whether or not I was connected to the arts.

That's all for now, a big hug to everyone and thank you for accepting me.

Well done
Joaquim Pancho

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi and welcome Joaquim.
Very friendly forum.

john hutton

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Joaquim , hello and welcome. Just read your interesting intro.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A very belated welcome aboard.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum.
Look forward to seeing some of your builds. Not many Portuguese air force builds on here...yet.