Pro Modeler JU 52/3m

First Name
Adrian
When I first came back to modelling a few years ago it was my goal to build as many European WWII as possible in 1:48th, last year though I seemed to build everything but, so this little beauty will help me get back on track.

I have it in the back of my mind to do it as a winter camo, I've managed to get a lot of images of the one from Where Eagles Dare and it seems pretty easy to follow.

The decals have been messed with, mainly the tail markings have been cut out and removed, so I'll need to source some more.

View attachment 79022

Thanks

Adrian

060.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Will watch this with interest Adrian. The Where Eagles Dare theme gets mentioned a lot but I think I have seen only one produced. My Iron Annie ended up in pre war silver markings.

First Name
Dave
I've built the Revell boxing and it's a great kit.You should enjoy building this one.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice choice, have always liked them, will tag along as well,

T

Trot5ky

Just picked up the Airfix 1/72 which i plan to do as a practice for a better 1/48 scale version which i would like to depict as Crete theatre paratroop carrier. Will be watching to see how you develop yours.

Regards

Nick

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Just picked up the Airfix 1/72 which i plan to do as a practice for a better 1/48 scale version which i would like to depict as Crete theatre paratroop carrier.
Invest in lots of filler :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

I made the 1/72 Heller Kit, it was an old kit but excellent quality. Look forward to seeing it. Cheers Derek

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/junkers-ju-52-3m-1-72-heller-kit-where-eagles-dare.9125/#post-60353

First Name
Adrian
This is the look I'll be aiming for

View attachment 79408

the ID markings I have wont be this particular aircraft as I'm having to go with whats in the box, but the general colour scheme will be there.

Thanks

Adrian

JU-52 Pic.jpg

First Name
Adrian
Quick update on my JU-52, right now it has a base coat of white over the pre shading I did, spent hours getting the wings joined to the body with the correct angle to boot. Looking forward to getting the rest of the bits on then I can go to town with the weathering. If your wondering about the little plane, its the other extreme I am working at with my boat build :smiling3:

View attachment 80161

Adrian

002.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Adrian. Certainly a difference in scale there :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice that will keep you out off trouble for a bit Adrian ;) do like the winter camo ,

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I guess you will use the hairspray technique on this one??

John