Prop Blur??

B

Backbreaker

Hi Patrick,

I've used propblur b4 and still have some in my stash for future builds. They are great , and I believe they are even better now as they are complete with a hub mounting as part of the fret.

BB.

F

Fenlander

I have seen some pictures of kits with these on. They do look good and add a different look to the model, probably the best option other than leaving the spinner on and filling the holes where the prop blades go. Not sure where I saw this done and it really looked good, apologies if it is a kit on here. Can anyone remember the days of circles of clear plastic with scratches on to represent props in flight??? The PE prop blurs are a million miles away from that.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi patrick, ive seen these on a kit and they look really effective , as does the other option of filling the holes in the spinner (check out stonas gallery for a great example of this) the only thing to remember is that no manufacturer does stands anymore so youve got to make your own ( again check stonas spitfire and the thread on stands thats just been started) cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've haven't seen these before, nice one Patrick. Thanks for posting

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi Patrick,I've used propblur b4 and still have some in my stash for future builds. They are great , and I believe they are even better now as they are complete with a hub mounting as part of the fret.

BB.
Where did you buy yours from BB? The prop blur website in the US?

Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As Tony has said I tend to leave everything off and fill the spinner, but the propblurs look a million times better than the old scratched/painted discs (which I have tried and then ditched). I think some aircraft look better modelled in flight and the ever popular Spitfire is definitely one of them. Beautiful lines! The Bf109,which is never going to win a beauty contest with a Spitfire, exudes a certain menace when in flight. It looks very business like.

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've just had a thought, i wonder if they do something like this for helicopters? Now that would look good.

Have fun, John

B

Backbreaker

\ said:
Where did you buy yours from BB? The prop blur website in the US?Patrick
Hi Patrick,

I bought them from the web site link to ebay, I put the product number from the ebay link into ebay.co.uk site .

Hope this helps. BB

P

propblur

Greetings from rainy California. I found your nice comments on my product while searching the web.

I make the propblurs mentioned, and like very much the models I see here. Cheers, and I will check in from time to time, or email me. MrPropblur

P

propblur

A customer did use some of the propblurs for helicopter tail rotor in a diorama of astronaut pickup / apollo era I think. forget link, but you can do a google with some of that info and link to entire build with pictures.

M

m1ks

Hi PB,

I've looked at your product several times and have no doubt I will get some at some point, I have a tendancy to build 'on the ground' models and not many 'in flight' but having tried the acetate thing and various other options I have to say yours are the best looking thing for replicating real spinning props.

Someone on here built a couple of Lancasters, (Tamiya's I think), with your PB's and they looked fabulous.

I would like to take the chance to ask, being the creator and maker of these, whats the possibility and potential cost of building a pair of Helicopter rotor blades in blur format.

I have a couple of 1:48 heli models one of which i'd like to do as an 'in flight' model and a pair of rotor blades would add the perfect finishing touch.

I can get you the length / width / rotor disc etc measurements if thats useful?

If you could do them for a decent price it'd be a great excuse to buy some 48th and 72nd prop blurs at the same time. :smiling3:

Cheers,

Mike

P

propblur

I think I posted a picture of this helicopter diorama on my pictures page at propblur dot com (it is the last tab on my simple site)

I encourage customers to send pictures of their builds to post to inspire others (and I enjoy seeing what people build as much as making the propblurs....

Last edited:
P

propblur

source 4 PropBlurs

\ said:
Hi Patrick,I bought them from the web site link to ebay, I put the product number from the ebay link into ebay.co.uk site .

Hope this helps. BB
I try to keep the listing on Ebay most of the time. You can always order direct: propblur dot com

email me from there, tell me what you want and say "cheap postage". If order is less than $20, I have ways to work around the outrageous postal costs from US to UK (and other civilized areas). Cheers.

P

propblur

PropBlurs for Helicopters

Helicopter rotor blades: I presume you mean both tail and main. Both scales doable, "decent price" questionable. 1/48th is very large.

I don't know accurate numbers, but I presume market for 1/72nd is at least 10x that for 1/48th helicopter models. Does anyone know where to find out that sales info?

I am thinking of this product, and am compiling prototype measurement details for various helicopter rotors, and need rotor dia.'s, length of rotors, 'hub' details, pics and kit details.

Also, several customers have send pics of 'on the ground' uses for PropBlurs, including landing, taking off, carrier warm ups, etc. A museum in Pearl Harbor has a diorama using them for a couple dozen planes, some on ground. see customer pics on my site

Cheers.

M

m1ks

I will get some measurements of the blades in question, it's a twin blade Bell heli in 48th and the blade chord is quite wide.

(yes, i did mean main and tail blades)

Soon as i'm able, currently in the process of prepping for holidays.

Cheers