Quick question re: varnish.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Hi gang,

I'm currently using vallejo gloss varnish via airbrush, however I'd like to try something that really does spray straight from the bottle as I have to thin the gloss (satin and matt fine)
I've used future in the past and a friend recommended adclad aqua gloss but I'd rather hear your opinions.

Thanks on advance

Del

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Zero paints clearcoat works well, but it’s lacquer based so not directly comparable to acrylic gloss.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Grab some VMS varnish weapon of your choice ie matt semi or gloss straight out the bottle lash it on no really lash it on its brilliant check out their vid on YouTube scary or what but just do as they do fool proof great stuff. Dave

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Grab some VMS varnish weapon of your choice ie matt semi or gloss straight out the bottle lash it on no really lash it on its brilliant check out their vid on YouTube scary or what but just do as they do fool proof great stuff. Dave
I tried that some time ago after seeing the video and it's not as free flowing as well from either of my brushes.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I tried that some time ago after seeing the video and it's not as free flowing as well from either of my brushes.
Did you shake it well? What size needle are you using biggest ive got is a 3 flows through at about 17psi never a problem in
20240125_135808.jpg
Dave