Revell 1/24 Routemaster

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
This my fourth go at this one and unlike the rest it's going to be an on off build only in between builds.
The first part I have done is some work on the front end panel. IMG_20230219_173937.jpgIMG_20230219_173928.jpgIMG_20230219_173920.jpg
And the answer to the question do I have enough red yes I doIMG_20230219_174030.jpg

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'll tag along if ok Peter, ,not sure if my current build makes us fellow bus builders. Sadly no longer there my local model shop(Plastic Pastimes)owner once asked me what I thought his most popular seller was ,baring in mind he ran a pretty extensive mail order as well , spits no ,hurricanes no , ahh tigers nope ,panthers no after going through the usual subjects gave up ,much to my astonishment it was the revell route master ,im sure he explained you can find decals for pretty much any bus company that used them so bus enthusiasts could build there own local version. Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter well i hope you will build that certian big build that you have just aqqired in one go as love to see it built before i snuff it
chrisb

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
I've had one of these in the stash, as a foundation stone for years - at one time they were selling really cheaply ( Wonderland Models, I think ), quite daunting when you first open the box, and see all the decals for the seat upholstery! - and much bigger than you expect..........
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Peter,
I've had one of these in the stash, as a foundation stone for years - at one time they were selling really cheaply ( Wonderland Models, I think ), quite daunting when you first open the box, and see all the decals for the seat upholstery! - and much bigger than you expect..........
Dave
WELL Dave be nice to see you build it
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Like John I've not seen one of these built before. Red is a difficult colour at the best of times but it looks as if you've got a good finish.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very cool and very different Peter. When I moved to London on the late 90s these were still running on some routes!

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I used to hop on the 75 on the way to school in South East London - amazing we never killed ourselves leaping off as the bus started to slow for the bend before our stop :rolling: Great memories and fancy a go at this myself one day, watching with interest!