Revell 1/25 Beatnik Bandit

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all just a quickie as a break from the Packard. I am doing the Beatnik Bandit (Not the correct colours) I never build as it's supposed to be, unless it's a definitive article. Nope don't build the way it's supposed to be, 2 reasons for that.

1: Hides my bad modeling skills(cant say its wrong if its being deliberately done wrong from the start)

2: I like being different.

So Here's my start.

I want the engine to look like it's been around a while, not like it's just come out of the custom shop.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great start KP.

I think with cars you can do anything you like you can have them any colour or style you like just as you would in real life ( if you have the money )

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I would like to put the HT leads on the engine but can't use the solder wire as I did on the Packard as it's too big, the stuff in telephone cable is about the right thickness but too stiff anyone know of a general household item I could use, don't want to buy anything as those is just going to be a quick kit, no dio no added parts basically oob but I would like to add the HT leads as they will show since there is no bonnet.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Ken, how about fuse wire as that comes in 3 or 4 thicknesses ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

That's a good idea moni will have to check what we have about thevplace

D

Deleted member 3568

Mixed it up, actually it was an experiment I mixed Humbrol 19 gloss red with Halfords Nissan Intense Blue cellulose sprayed it on scrap bit of plastic and it didn't react so that's what I used. I think they didn't react as they were both liquid when mixed (we all know what happens if you spray cellulose over enamels) but it seems no probs if they are mixed wet.

First Name
Gregg
Love the colour!

Looking forward to this as it is one I built many many moons ago!

Gregg

D

Deleted member 3568

Sorry Greg its not the right colours I built loads of these kits as a youngster all correct at the time, but now I don't care, I don't conform, ever, I love being different.

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Sorry Greg its not the right colours I built loads of these kits as a youngster all correct at the time, but now I don't care, I don't conform, ever, I love being different.
Being an ex-custom builder/painter, I know where your coming from!

Gregg

First Name
Richard
Nice one KP,

really like it allot and for the paint job, thumbs up.

cant wait to see the finished car.

Cheers Richi

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work Ken, lovely paintwork so far.

Si:smiling3:

S

Saj

Looking great. After seeing the quality of the Packard I can't wait to see the finished model. Saj

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I said this would be a quick build probably finish it tomorrow (got family round so not guaranteed ) but really pleased with results got all the decals on, ruined the mud guards getting the decals off them so ( since I mixed the paint as a combination of cellulose and enamel) I was unsure what to spray so used enamel (hate making mistakes even though that's all I seem to make) so the mud guards are a different colour, but I hope one that compliments the rest. Will post pics tomorrow, if all goes well. It's been a whole lot of experiments with this kit. I've mixed Humbrol fluorescent orange with the varnish and graduated it from front to rear of the model, and, I quite like the effect, hope it looks good when dry in the morning.

T

Tone M

\ said:
Well I said this would be a quick build probably finish it tomorrow (got family round so not guaranteed ) but really pleased with results got all the decals on, ruined the mud guards getting the decals off them so ( since I mixed the paint as a combination of cellulose and enamel) I was unsure what to spray so used enamel (hate making mistakes even though that's all I seem to make) so the mud guards are a different colour, but I hope one that compliments the rest. Will post pics tomorrow, if all goes well. It's been a whole lot of experiments with this kit. I've mixed Humbrol fluorescent orange with the varnish and graduated it from front to rear of the model, and, I quite like the effect, hope it looks good when dry in the morning.
Realy?

Super builder!!!!!! :D

D

Deleted member 3568