Revell 1:32 D.H. Sea Venom FAW 22

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
but couldn’t be doing with that spider
That's 'Jingles' I found him at the side of a road one day some years back, he's been great for wind-ups.
That's looking rather nice mate
I'm not really a scratch builder, but when you see the detail that Revell (Matchbox) give you, something had to be done.
Guinea pigs are wonderful creatures
We've had a succession of them for years. Most come from a rescue place in Stoke on Trent.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very good work improving the cockpit. Looks excellent now.
Guinea pigs are wonderful creatures. Many, many years ago my daughter had a couple.
I ate a Guinea Pig ('Quy' -pronounced Kwee) in Peru. They let them run around the floor until the time comes for them to be cooked - no sentimental attachment from the kids! PS: The 'plane is coming on very well indeed!
Steve

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I ate a Guinea Pig ('Quy' -pronounced Kwee) in Peru. They let them run around the floor until the time comes for them to be cooked - no sentimental attachment from the kids! PS: The 'plane is coming on very well indeed!
Steve
One of Patrick O'Brian's Jack Aubrey books goes into quite some detail on the subject if I remember correctly

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Steve
An old ship mate put a picture of his lunch up on FB once, yes, it was a Guinea Pig, with chips, looked OK to be fair, just a bit bony.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Impressive work Colin, the office and " Jingles''
Any chance of some photos of him please ?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cockpit came out great colin , those intakes look like theyre going to need a trowel and a bucket of filler though! Cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Cockpit came out great colin , those intakes look like theyre going to need a trowel and a bucket of filler though! Cheers tony
I’ve got a feeling the primer coat is going to highlight a few little problems for me to deal with. However, for a 42/43year old mould, I can’t complain.
A bit more has been done.
Booms are on, fettling required, followed by the engine covers, again with a bit more fettling. No major surgery involved, just trial fit and sand to adjust.
4E492664-AF4A-437E-B866-AFF69AA5162A.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
SHOULDNT Jingles have about nine eyes though as the big bugger a real one i had i my house had them ? an when i shone a torch light on him his eyes lit up like diamons an the plane an'it bad either
chrisb
Two flippin’ big eyes work for Jingles.