Revell 1:32 Spitfire mk2a

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I particularly like the chipping
Thanks Barry. So MRP can be chipped. It's tough, but possible.
The weathering looks spot on
Cheers. It would have been too easy to carry on and do a little bit more.
That's a great looking Spitfire! The stressed paint job looks awesome to me
Thank you Andi. I see your questions have been answered. You can see we have very knowledgeable people on this forum.
If anyone's interested..........................
Not bad Dave, but I paid £17.00 for mine, second hand.
ive built this and it is a good value for money kit
It is indeed. Quite a model for a few quid.
nice subject too.
Thank you Steve, and thanks for the background information. I did forget to research this build, probably because I started it so long ago.
I have noticed over the past year that 'weathering' 'pre shading' 'post shading' seems to have gone way over the top
And I for one have been guilty of that mistake. Although I was tempted to go a bit further, I managed to restrain myself, well a bit anyway.
I suppose markings are painted, not decals. Am I right?
No Andrea, these are the kit decals, except for the 'Sky' band on the fuselage, Revell don't supply this as a decal.

Thank you all for stopping by and having a look. It's always great to see a thread that gets conversation flowing. That, I think might be down to the captivating charm of the Spitfire.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hello,
That's a great looking Spitfire! The stressed paint job looks awesome to me.

I still have two questions. In the photo of the real Spitfire you can see a white square on the wing. What is that? Any marker for a leader? I've never seen that before.
And I'm surprised at the lack of armament on the model. Shouldn't there be openings for the machine guns where the red fields are on the wing? Or did the British have them covered somehow?
Best regards,
Andi
My best bet would be a temporary repair to possible damage. Looks like tape around the edge.
Could also be a squadron marking to identify that particular plane!!!