Revell 1/35 leopard 2A5

col68

SMF Poster
First Name
colin
Hi all this is my latest build unfortunately the first batch of pictures has been lost so here is the build so far. I must say it's been a bit of a pig of a kit the hull bottom was badly warped which took some straightening. And the tracks would not stick together so i had to melt them..the design of the kit is strange as well the tracks come in 4 pieces 2 per side and some of the upper hull is connected to the sideskirts but on the plus side it's a highly detailed kit. For the price. I have replaced the moulded on handles with metal and replaced the vinyl tow ropes with brass wire.

Attachments

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
some of the upper hull is connected to the sideskirts
The old Italeri Leopard 2 kits had a similar problem: most of the hatches in the hull sides were part of the side skirts, for some reason. On the plus side, you rarely see a Leopard 2 without side skirts, so it’s not a major problem.

col68

SMF Poster
First Name
colin
Hi all.. Sorry about the lack of posts on this build but technology seems to be against me at the minute. For some reason my memory card keeps formatting it's self when I connect to my pc.
Anyhow back to the build after filling quite a few gaps and priming I got a base coat of tamiya NATO green on

Attachments

col68

SMF Poster
First Name
colin
Thanks Ian. Managed to get the camo applied this morning using tamiya NATO Brown and black.
Also I have added two figures from mengs modern German tank crew.

Attachments

stillp

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
Nice paintwork Colin. The colours look a better match for the NATO colours than some other makes...

Pete

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
real nice going on this one,Colin,do like the camo,well done,:thumb2:

grumpa

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
Coming along very nicely Colin, she certainly is a beast of a kit :flushed:

Jim

col68

SMF Poster
First Name
colin
Thanks for the positive comments gents and monica. I have got the decals on and sealed also I've added some camo net to the barrel ready to start weathering

Attachments