Revell 1/48 Mil Mi 24 hind D crash dio

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
well I've decided to expand on my burnt out tank and go full throttle on some serious damage

The idea is a crashed Mil Mi 24 in Afghanistan shortly before the Russians left and it's been there a while so it's been stripped , it's not a burn out more like a crash landing so most of its intact but with rips in the fuselage and such .

I will be showing how it's easier to cut and damage a surface using a grinder , maybe many of you know this technique already but I can't find if its been done on here before so I thought I'd share the technic with you

The kit is straight forward and not a lot of parts , it's the rebox of the old monogram kit and as such it's got raised panel lines so it's perfect to destroy :D

Here's the sprues and such :smiling3: View attachment 108349

View attachment 108350

View attachment 108351

View attachment 108352

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Wow nice idea Alan I want to see the grinder you will be using

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm in. I still like a good grind!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
As if by magic :D View attachment 108353

these grinding tip you can get from any hardware shop these cost me £3/4 and you get four in a pack :smiling3:

Next you select where you want your damage and it's best to go from the inside as this will slip a bit so by doing it inside it stops any unwanted damage to the outer surface

View attachment 108354

You then move it up and down / side to side depending on where you want the damage View attachment 108355

keep holding it up to the light until you can see the light coming through

View attachment 108356

If you look on the other side you will see a line , this is great to use as a guide to get a vice jagged line like ripped aluminium

On something like this a helicopter or airplane it's best to line up the fuse so you get a match on both sides :smiling3:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Mmmm tools of destruction I'm sure I've got some bits like this in a dremmel set somewhere might have to go rummaging.Nice work there Alan I can think of no better demise for raised panel lines

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Interesting mate, nice start. Will tune in for more wreck fun.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Robert
Like what you've done with this so far and like the idea too. I have the exact kit bought cheaply on Evilbay about 2 years ago and thought good things nice ideas ( from Rambo film idea ) but looked at kit when I got it and thought hmmmmm maybe not

If you need for spares let me know

Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys glad to have you on board :smiling3:

\ said:
Like what you've done with this so far and like the idea too. I have the exact kit bought cheaply on Evilbay about 2 years ago and thought good things nice ideas ( from Rambo film idea ) but looked at kit when I got it and thought hmmmmm maybe not
If you need for spares let me know

Robert
it doesn't look a bad kit IMO and I think it would look good built properly, I might see if I can get another when funds permit:D

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a great idea Alan .......... I like where you are heading with this. I'll be watching from the side-lines.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the sounds of the idea,and very interesting way of going about things,

do like the looks of it so far, ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.