Revell 1/72 B17-G Flying Fortress.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the nice comments on the model and prop. question feedback. Split down many ways, I see. Also, I don't know what " With a slight caveat" is, so I couldn't try and model one of those! :upside:

Only one way to sort it and as we all know, women are always right!

Without showing her the list, I asked the present Mrs. Ron what options she would like for the port engines.

After a brief scratch at her warts, she replied "Inner complete. Outer, just engine and prop." So, who am I to argue? Well done to Pete!

Props done. Red and silver spinners.
I'll glue these on, attach the port wing and that's nearly it.

P1350637.JPG

P1350638.JPG

Thanks for replying to the prop. question and thanks also to those who stuck with this rather long winded build.

Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI 570 WELL i like the idea of only the port outer with out the engine cover but a whole prop on the engine
chrisb

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a catch up with this Ron,
Really like the nose art,sets it off a treat :smiling3:
A great model to look at with the exposed,(and really nicely painted I may add ;) ), interior details.
Excellent stuff mate,
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the nice comments on the model and prop. question feedback. Split down many ways, I see. Also, I don't know what " With a slight caveat" is, so I couldn't try and model one of those! :upside:

Only one way to sort it and as we all know, women are always right!

Without showing her the list, I asked the present Mrs. Ron what options she would like for the port engines.

After a brief scratch at her warts, she replied "Inner complete. Outer, just engine and prop." So, who am I to argue? Well done to Pete!

Props done. Red and silver spinners.
I'll glue these on, attach the port wing and that's nearly it.

View attachment 471679

View attachment 471680

Thanks for replying to the prop. question and thanks also to those who stuck with this rather long winded build.

Ron
It's been a pleasure mate!
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Not a long-winded build Ron......It's a great build and something really different!!! Hey, as long as you are having fun, that's all that matters. I also see your annual bath has done wonders for your Mojo too!!! An exposed outer motor will definitely give it character as they are too nice to cover up...

Prost
Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Funny and nice comments abound. Great stuff!
Nice to read that apart from me, someone else is frightened of me wife... And he's out of harms way in the US of A!

You put the right wing on, the left wing on, stuck on, stuck on, they're both stuck on.
You do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around, the build is finished now!

Bum, bum, bum, Oh! Do the Hokey Cokey.....etc, etc.

P1350701.JPG

P1350703.JPG

Thanks for all the ace suggestions, observations, compliments and humorous contents of your posts during this marathon. All much appreciated.

I'll post some pickies in 'Completed' asap.

Thanks again.
Ron

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Another masterclass in building aircraft Ron, well done, it's one to be well proud of

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Funny and nice comments abound. Great stuff!
Nice to read that apart from me, someone else is frightened of me wife... And he's out of harms way in the US of A!

You put the right wing on, the left wing on, stuck on, stuck on, they're both stuck on.
You do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around, the build is finished now!

Bum, bum, bum, Oh! Do the Hokey Cokey.....etc, etc.

View attachment 471891

View attachment 471892

Thanks for all the ace suggestions, observations, compliments and humorous contents of your posts during this marathon. All much appreciated.

I'll post some pickies in 'Completed' asap.

Thanks again.
Ron
That just goes to show you 570 how much respect I have for Mrs. Ron!! ;)