Revell 1:72 Phantom F4J "JollyRoger"

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It has been a while since I posted. Hope you are all keeping well. Just completed this 1:72 Revell Phantom F4J. I have to say I was fairly impressed with how this kit went together. Just some minor adjustment around the air intakes, pretty normal for Phantom kits I think. I don't like the raised panel lines and had to sacrifice some detail on the spine to get rid of the seam line. On a positive note, I like the robust fixings on the ailerons/flaps and rear stabilisers, the decals were a dream to work with and went on well although the large fuselage chevron decal is not one for the faint hearted. Also Revell provide you with two sets of canopy giving you the option to go for either an open canopy or a single closed canopy set up. This is also the first model I have managed to complete without trashing any of the sensor probes. Sorry about the photos. I had to glue the model to the mounting boards for transportation earlier this week and didn't want to risk damaging it by removing it for these photos.phantom1.JPGphantom2.JPGphan 4.jpg

Last edited:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Excellent model and subject. VF-84 one of my favourite USN schemes.
Tip.
When you 'Attach files' you select the photo you want to show. Then on the top left of the photo if you click on the word 'Insert' you will get another button 'Full Image' - click on that and you will get the full image you see on other builds...
Mike

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Excellent model and subject. VF-84 one of my favourite USN schemes.
Tip.
When you 'Attach files' you select the photo you want to show. Then on the top left of the photo if you click on the word 'Insert' you will get another button 'Full Image' - click on that and you will get the full image you see on other builds...
Mike
Thanks for the info Mike. Just for my info. If you click on the photo I have published do you get a larger clearer image Mike ?
BE NICE if you had fitted in full size pics ?
If you click on the first photo it should enlarge and then you can scroll through the bigger image. I will follow Mikes advice next time though.

Last edited:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thread amended. Photos enlarged. Thanks again Mike.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What ever the size photo Steve, Matron and the Committee were impressed, a beautiful model.
You've got
download THE DOGS.jpg
Congratulations.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great finish Steve. We've all seen the publicity photos of aircraft and their armament. But I don't think I've seen anyone actually do it in model form - great idea.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great finish Steve. We've all seen the publicity photos of aircraft and their armament. But I don't think I've seen anyone actually do it in model form - great idea.
If I loaded it up I would have lost the AIM 7 Sparrow missiles under the fuselage and the addition of the 6 bombs just made it looked crowded. Thanks for your comments Colin.