Revell 1:72 Search & Rescue Vessel BERLIN

A

ArturAlpstal

Hi!

I am starting to build Revells Search & Rescue Vessel BERLIN. It's the first time I make post of under construction model, hope you like it.DSC_0212 (Large).jpg DSC_0213 (Large).jpg DSC_0214 (Large).jpg

Model length - 382 mm
Number of parts - 208

Little description of the ship -
Hurricane squalls with speeds of over 100 km/h, wave crests over 5 m high, rain showers and cold - the search & rescue vessels of the DGzRS (German maritime search and rescue service) often have to go out under these conditions. Their sea rescue work is financed exclusively by charitable donations. The search & rescue vessel BERLIN from the Laboe (Baltic) Station is one of the most effective units. Constructed out of salt-water proof light metal, the BERLIN is distinguished by a high level of seaworthiness with self-righting capabilities. She is driven by one 1,200 kW MTU diesel engine and two 610 kW MWM diesel engines. Speed: 23 knots, range: 2,300 sea miles. She has a 9 man crew, 4 of whom are permanently on board. A daughter boat located in a well in the after-deck has a low draught to enable her to be used in shallow waters and reaches a speed of 17 knots.

A

ArturAlpstal

Hull is painted. The colour is not same that is shown on instruction, I used a paint that looks almost same. Everything is painted with brush, unfortunately I dont have airbrush.DSC_0160 (Large).jpg DSC_0161 (Large).jpg

A

ArturAlpstal

I haven't got a lot of time to builde the model. But here are some pictures of what I have done. There are many peaces that need to be cut for clean look in this model kit. Some details don't fit well toghether. But for the price its a cool rescue vessel.
DSC_0253 (Large).jpg DSC_0260 (Large).jpg DSC_0256 (Large).jpg DSC_0257 (Large).jpg DSC_0261 (Large).jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work with this one,Arthur,;)