Revell BMW 318i Compact Cup Saloon Race Car

P

PWick

I built this box stock after I had shortened the chassis by about an 1/8th of an inch!

When I first offered the chassis up to the body it was much too long. So where the step is in front of the rear wheels I cut the chassis and glued it to the interior tube then into the channel in the rear bumper that takes the chassis tab.

I then shaved a bit off at a time until by test fitting the front tab, that fits to the bottom of the front bumper was short enough to drop into place. I then cleaned up the cut section by adding small pieces of plasticard, and repainting matt black.

The original chassis....................

11_zpst4tyhbzt.jpg

The modified chassis...............................

12a_zpswf5kvwsi.jpg

33_zpsfgaabxh0.jpg

38_zps36fhdagl.jpg

40_zps33mkt6wd.jpg

The decals are of the original kit that are a bit discoloured but slide on and dry very well. I did consider printing a copy but would have been unable to cut out the discoloured portions between the coloured chequerboard squares. Also when lightening the copied image of the decal sheet, the colours faded and lost their crispness. 

P

PWick

Cheers John, it's because I like racers (27 years Silverstone Marshall) and I like decals! And if I can't find decals to suit I scour the web and print some new ones!

Last edited: