Revell Corvette C6-R 1/25

D

daveb257

Better luck with this one than it's box partner the Audi R10

Contents of box here, have dry fitted a lot to make sure all there & seems ok, I do have lots more reference material for this but will be mainly OOB with a few tiny mods

View attachment 85761

Firstly the "net" over the drivers window looks like its armour plate so that's going !

View attachment 85762

And there it was gone !

View attachment 85763

And how it looks (loosely) with shell over chassis

View attachment 85764

Dry fit of floor pan & roll cage prior to priming

View attachment 85765

In primer along with wheels and the ( frankly rubbish but simple ) brake/hub assembly

View attachment 85766

Little bit of extras in cockpit, kit is vey bare inside & if any of you have seen the interior of a modern GT car it's a mass of pipes, looms , control units & loads more so made a start on these

View attachment 85767

Oh and the basis of the obligatory large gear lever,

Will need to liberate some PC interior wiring from IT guy at work tomorrow

Temporary dry fit of dash

View attachment 85768

Really light prime of Bodyshell, doors & bonnet (although it's much lighter grey than it looks here, wanted to use grey to show any panel deficiencies better

View attachment 85769

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First Name
Jason
That's the way to do it Dave, straight into the next build. Looks like you've made a good start and open doors as well.

Plenty of scope for extra details;).

Hope this one doesn't behave as badly as the R10.

Jason

D

daveb257

Hi Jason,

Looks a lot more complete than Audi in terms of the way it fits together, doors don't open though, it looks like revels way of doing the mould, all the interior of door shuts is way to inaccurate & no hinges or detail on inner edge of door but not an issue

First Name
Jason
Oh yeah. Now I look again I can see it. Never seen one moulded like that beforeo_O

Jason

D

daveb257

Just spent a couple of hours in the garden doing a bit of work in the body shell,

Bits I wasn't happy with we're the flush moulded lower front grille,

So out comes the mini tool and surgery started !!!!

The grille on the race car is no more that a series of asymmetric holes in the front panel so armed with reference photos I drilled the centres out and then attacked with a hand file to square off

View attachment 85872

View attachment 85873

Downside is I'll need to add some detailing being there now !

Next was the three lights in each door, in reality they are quite deep & noticeable so I drilled them out and will add something on the rear after doors painted,

Then did the same with both of the refuelling points on the front edge of the rear wheel arch,

View attachment 85874

Lastly was the hole in the rear bumper where the air on system is located, these things run so hot it was the one of the first race cars to have A/C, big hole in bumper with mesh on inside surface and heat exchange radiator inside that, that'll be getting nicked of the abandoned Audi then:smiling:

However I've been a little bit too keen with the drill and have made the hole a bit wrong but I'll be fixable with some card & filler

View attachment 85875

Finally I've started re profiling the ram air scoop on front bumper upper edge, have dug it out and will start to fill & re structure tomorrow

View attachment 85876

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

daveb257

It's Sunday night again & have done a bit more :

Inside of shell painted semi gloss back along with wiper panel, windscreen frame inner doors and rear screen support frame and inside of bonnet,

View attachment 86055

View attachment 86059

Shell now ready for a white primer coat & final fill/tidy up

Gone a touch over some of the seems with the black but will sort before priming

Interior coming along nicely although the camera shows more imperfections than the naked eye :sad:

View attachment 86063

Again this look neat with the eye, maybe the reflection from the silver doesn't help, have got some carbon sheet on the way to finish dash then pick out switches & apply decals, did need to make the steering column thicker as it looked really spindly and added a wiring loom from it at same time,

Now convinced the alloy console looks rubbish so will re do that !

View attachment 86065

Added the supplied carbon decals to air box & think they look ok , added a few wiring looms and extra bits

View attachment 86066

Vallejo steel for the wheels with black inners, bit of the black has crept onto front face which was my plan for brake dust

tyres have a great big seam round the tread surface but car will be on the ground so won't show

View attachment 86067

So that's it for this weeks work,

Next steps:

Have to buy some white primer LMS only had grey yesterday

Have some seatbelts, carbon decal & fine mesh for behind nose on the way

I'm at Oulton Park for five days from Thursday so will be a couple of weeks before this gets touched again, as always any comments or advice gratefully received

Dave

View attachment 86068

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Looks great Dave ,nice touch adding in the missing interior details and the exterior mods go along way as well . The grill looks tons better!

D

daveb257

Sorry it's been so long between updates folks, hadn't touched this for almost three weeks,

After using the white modelmates primer (way to thick for finely detailed kits, took loads of stripping & rubbing but got a couple of coats of yellow on late yesterday after masking off the black areas,

View attachment 87125

Took quite a bit of nibbling after this and another quick coat this morning,

My masking wasn't as tight as I'd thought !

View attachment 87126

Interior wise, getting there also

View attachment 87127

View attachment 87128

Although since this I've changed a few colours from black to dark grey and added some dash detail

View attachment 87124

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

V

V1P3R

Great work! I like you've changed some black to dark grey. Helps break it up s bit and adds more detail I think.

Sent from me to you