Revell Shelby Cobra 62 1:24

mog

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Building this for a friend. First, I’m not a car guy. I have built some military vehicles, but very few plastic builds. Still a ship and wood guy at heart. However, the challenge is moving out of the comfort zone. So, the next three builds on the bench will not be ships.

The cobra I have moved along rather quickly, The body color 4 coats 8 to 2 mix of Revell # 52 blue and Vallejo steel. I have basically followed the instructions, making a few modifications, shortingDSC02090.JPGDSC02092.JPGDSC02094.JPG the axles, drilling new holes to get a better fix on some parts. For example, the engine did not fit squarely on the chassis, the mounts caused it to lean to one side slightly, so I drilled a hole thru the right-side mount into the engine block, inserted a pin to hold the block level. The rear axle housing had to be shortened on the right side to get a proper fit with the brake discs. Again, some mounting holes were slightly off. I read some builders reviews on this build saying the same thing, of course as stated I’m not a car guy and a little rusty with my plastic skills, so I could have misaligned a part or two along the way. All in all I’m pretty happy with the progress so farDSC02093.JPGDSC02096.JPGDSC02096.JPGDSC02098.JPGDSC02100.JPGDSC02101.JPG