Revells 1/12 mustang gt 500

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
First Name
Robert
\ said:
I'm not suggesting anything other than the recommended gear.
anyhows here is tonight episode, I'm afraid this is turning out to be one of my worser efforts, I'm cosidering the bin to be honest.

View attachment 133060 View attachment 133061 View attachment 133062
Loved the dash that's a spectacular looking piece you got here ( wish my motor looked as good ( you want to detail my car???

Robert

First Name
Marc
\ said:
My R32 has recaro's, one of which is now scuffed to bits and the rear seats after covered in glitter. Yay!
What's worse is the other half has crap cd's in the cd player!

I need a week off to clay Polish and wax it too haha.
Oh dear.

I'm guilty of clay barring the car on a regular basis.

It takes me 3 hours to propperly clean the car inside.

2 hours to wash it,

4 hours detailing

30 seconds of James and chloe in the back, coats, jumpers, toys, you name it it's like brick a back reject bin from the kids a&e waiting room at the local hospital.

D

dougie

\ said:
Oh dear.
I'm guilty of clay barring the car on a regular basis.

It takes me 3 hours to propperly clean the car inside.

2 hours to wash it,

4 hours detailing

30 seconds of James and chloe in the back, coats, jumpers, toys, you name it it's like brick a back reject bin from the kids a&e waiting room at the local hospital.
:sad: :sad: :sad:

It's a long day cleaning a car properly. One day on my paternity it's getting done before its service but the polishing can wait a bit longer.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I'm not suggesting anything other than the recommended gear.
anyhows here is tonight episode, I'm afraid this is turning out to be one of my worser efforts, I'm cosidering the bin to be honest.

View attachment 133060 View attachment 133061 View attachment 133062
The dash when I did mine was a complete nightmare, I got to point of binning it too. Decided to press on though as I had put all that effort into the engine and chassis etc, if you look at my dash I did it satin black where the ally is and dark grey for the rest of the dash. I stripped the bloody thing down three times before I was happy. I thought the seats would cause the most problems but how wrong was I!

I think the engine is one the most enjoyable part of the build...... so far!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi all well whilst doing some weathering on the engine bay I started to think all this work on the engine and engine bay and you wont see any of it when its finished so, I thought, what about an engine hoist and doing it with the engine being removed, now my question is would it be possible to remove the engine and gearbox complete or would I have to separate them (which would then mean making a flywheel and bell housing and the splined shaft for the gearbox, also what else would be removed to get the engine out, I assume the injection system?View attachment 133393 View attachment 133394 View attachment 133395 View attachment 133396 View attachment 133397 View attachment 133398 View attachment 133399 View attachment 133400 View attachment 133401 View attachment 133402 View attachment 133404 View attachment 133405 View attachment 133407 View attachment 133409
Looking good Ken, the doors look fantastic. Keep going.

looking forward to seeing the Camaro.

Also, after watching an episode of fast and loud where they swapped an engine and transmission from a 2014 challenger to a 73 challenger the whole lot came out including the headers (exhaust manifolds). They disconnected the propshaft uni joint and the exhaust downpipes, drained the rad, disconnected the associated pipe work, undid the engine mounts and out it came.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nice work on those doors mate keep it coming mines still in the box

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, really not happy with this so I think I'm going to box it up and shelve it for a while, before I throw it at the wall, cant put my finger on whats turning me off it, I think its just the fact that nothing on it is really up to a standard I'm happy with, the paint job is not shiney enough the engine is really not one of my better weathering efforts (certainly not up to the bike standards) the door shuts lets face it are laughable and I've found out the doors open inside the wings not as I have them, it just all adds up to a piece of rubbish (yes it can all be rectified (fairly easily)) but the shine has gone off it for me and if I force myself to finish it I can see it taking a flying lesson.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
turtle wax ken that's what it needs there's the answer:D

First Name
Dave
Sometimes it's a wise thing to do, box it up for a bit. It often pays as occasionally you can get bogged down with it and it takes the shine off the build. It's always better to box it than bin it, no regrets that way.

All the best anyway, Dave.

First Name
Marc
I find that if you go at it without having a break. Even when a model is going well you can get bogged down and that's when mistakes happen. I find that doing a couple of hours a week is an enjoyable balance. When I complete a stage on my model and it goes how I like it to I think oh I'll just start this bit now...that's when I stop myself and come back to it ready for some more enjoyable time on the model another time.

My revel golf was completed quite aggressively, I spent sometimes 5 or 6 hours in a row doing the model and found that I enjoyed it less when more than 2 hours on the bench. I got grumpy from the late nights too.

Then when I started my nissan le man car, even though it didn't turn out as good as the golf I actually enjoyed it more because I limited my time on it at any one go.

Now with the 300sl I am thoroughly enjoying the model as I'm not rushing to get it finished, yes I've made mistakes on it, but I have taken each stage in my own time and the mistakes I have rectified I have enjoyed doing that too.

For example I mucked up the wheels a week ago, did it annoy me? Yes a little. I then thought I'd start white priming the body shell and halfway through my airbrush broke so now I have to order new airbrush parts and more model parts to replace the melted wheel. I made the body good what I could with my cheap backup airbrush and since last week I haven't even looked at the model. Now I'm probably not going to get any time on the model until end of month but as each day goes by I look forward to it more. If I was going at it every day or for hours at a time I'd be temped to finish the model below par.

Just my experience..

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well my son has given me the inspiration to start this again, can you guess whats going to happen to it from this pic, you have till later on to guess as Ive already done the deed and will be showing the bag of worms I've opened this time, but I have to say I'm excited.

View attachment 123537

View attachment 123538

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well times up.my daughter was touring the USofA with her boyfriend in one of these

View attachment 123558

View attachment 123559

View attachment 123560

I'm going to replicate it for christmas for her

I've made a start.View attachment 123562

View attachment 123563

View attachment 123564

View attachment 123565

obviously I have to strip the paint and get rid of the cobra symbol and try to find a pony symbol to replace it, but I think its basically the same car and I dont even think she would notice if i cant find replacements and left them on.

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

First Name
Marc
This looks like a good one ken. A strip down and repaint is something i have been looking forward to seeing. Are you going for white like the car in the picture?

D

dubster72

Good to see you back on this one Ken! Hopefully the re-paint will be successful

First Name
Dave
Great to see you are having another crack at it but really going for it, a very brave decision and one we are sure you will succeed in.

Just a little note though, there will be some differences to your one and the one pictured with your daughter, the mussie in the pic is a 2015 and your one is a 2010, the headlights are the most noticeable being sleeker and having had the gills that were first introduced in the 64-65 model. The other difference is the grille in the 'hood'. Apart from that I'm sure she'll be made up with having her dad put all the effort in to building a memory of her holiday in the states.

Looking forward to seeing this finished, we will be rooting for you and encouraging you all the way.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks guys really pumped on this one now. Going to try stripping the paint today.