Revells space shuttle and booster rockets

N

noble

Hi folks this is a kit that I have been building for our clubs icon group build to be shown at Telford, and it has been a pig. The amount of sanding and filler used on the shuttle has just been stupid, this has been months to get it to this stage. Decals are on the shuttle, just needing to apply them to the booster rockets.

WP_20160620_001.jpg

WP_20160620_002.jpg

WP_20160620_003.jpg

WP_20160620_004.jpg

WP_20160620_005.jpg

C

cryton 5

Wow lovely job ,I did. Minicraft 

A few years ago , looks great on shelve in respect to all on space shuttle , until it stopped thumbs up

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Scott

Regardless of the trouble this shuttle looks great. When I think of rockets and space craft I tend to think of fairly straight forward paint schemes, but you've managed to convey the small scale of the model with the paint work (especially around the nose of the craft. Endeavorur is almost ready for her maiden voyage to Telford.

Great stuff

Paul  :D

N

noble

thanks guys but to be honest Paul pretty much all the detail on the shuttle is decals the only credit I can take for paint work is the grey nose, wing edges and thrusters.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this looks great ,Scott,very nice work,and do like the detail on this one, :D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks great scott (ha ha i sound like Doc Brown - great scott!) ,you wouldnt know that its been a bugger . has it got a base or stand /stanchion or does it just sit on its rockets ? cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great idea scott , ive seem amazing looking fiery clouds made of expanding foam , careful though that stuff goes everywhere and is a bugger to get off anything once dried!!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That would look spectacular. I've seen such effects recreated with lights inside a frame, covered with suitably airbrushed cotton wool or foam (I can't quite remember the exact material). 

Good luck with it Scott it would be awesome.

Cheers

PS. They may be decals but they still need applying and you've done a great job!

PPS. I remember building a Shuttle kit when I was about 13 - The Bond 'Moonraker' version!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking Good Scott. Should this have been in the real space section. I mean its out of this world but fiction..... lol

Looking forward to seeing how you tackle the base.

N

noble

Thanks very much gentle people, ian your right it should have been in the other section ....sorry mate my bad yyyeesss the base should be a very large challenge er.. pardon the pun might even try my hand ...with help of course to try lighting this part.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's turned out really nice Scott. I looked at Phil Flory's build and he too spent forever and a day sanding and filling.

Pity you didn't choose this one .....

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1759_1_12372.html

..... it would have solved your problem with the launch tower!

Edit: I meant to mention I've seen guys wrap ordinary cotton wool around LED lights to get the rocket effect you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cryton 5

Very cool clean I myself  did 

ShuttleI used plastic tubes. Rolled very tight covered in cotton bands puffed out sIt's the weight a factor

Balance as well  

FB_IMG_1467969954388.jpg

FB_IMG_1467969946137.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Smashing stuff!! B|