Rick's 1/87 scale Daimler Benz 6500 Kitbash

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi all, Got some color on this and back together a few hours later.........now comes the fun part. It's the details and weathering...........P1011980.JPGP1011983.JPG ........as I am going to make this one look like it has been in the war....stay tuned. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks......this one is getting the works. I'm hoping I can make it look used pretty hard. Still waiting on some trailers I have on back order....otherwise I'll be building one of those next from the leftovers.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim, glad you like her......yeah, I'm gonna turn her into a tough old gal and play dirty with her........I'm still thinking about leaving the tarp off and just have a load in the bed maybe with a partial tissue paper tarp.......jury's still out on that one.
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the way you cut these up and from a toy to produce a great model Rick .
Looking fwd to seeing it " battle weary "

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR.....I wish the price you pay for these was a Toy price. Sometimes I have to cut up three vehicles just to get the parts needed for one.....can run as high as $60.00 USD but that's the price you pay to make this stuff happen. It can be rather challenging at times, but I wouldn't do it if it wasn't so Darn much FUN! :thumb2: Rick H.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Neil and Andrew, glad you like it. As I have been saying, l plan to dirty this one up so once I get some washes on I'll seal it with a dull coat and start the weather process. Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Afternoon/Evening, here is a shot of what I'm sort of after, but not quite as "knocked about" as this. (photo for ref. only) Got a couple of washes on for now......next up a WH conscript decal on the left front fender and more weathering. Comments and Critiques always welcome. Rick H.P1011984.JPGP1011986.JPGP1011987.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rick
Another mini master piece I always enjoy these conversions. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Scottie, and Merry Christmas to you as well. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thought I better close out this thread.......look for completed photos in the Completed Softskins section of the forum. Thanks to all who followed this build. Rick H.