Rick's 1-87 scale Phanomen Granit 25H Ambulance

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
Excellent result! All the extra work and details you added to the kit were totally worthwhile and show in the finished build!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Bless you for that Ernie! I couldn't live with myself if I had built it OOB.......it would have been "plain Jane" at best and down right boring! I'm still pissed that the maker of this kit didn't even include a spare tire for it as is visible on all the photo refs. I have for this particular vehicle. Couldn't find a suitable replacement so I just left it off. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you like it. :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Missed this until now Rick!
Loving the look of the Dio,the 3 main protagonists really do look beautifully done:cool:......as for the figures,I would barely be able to see them.... let alone paint 'em :nerd:!!
(BTW.... what's "The Marlow method" ?!)

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very, very nice, Rick .The finished dio will be exceptional.
John.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, I checked all my figs. and no Fatlady!!.....best I can do is Matron dressed up in her (other side) wartime garb, offering a cuppa to the poor lad who's reaching for a few pfennigs in payment. Hope this satisfies your request. I could have her hum a few bars of "Deutchland Uber Alles" if you like!
Technical note: All figs. painted using the Marlow MethodView attachment 486614
A wonderful inclusion Rick, Matron will be pleased and no doubt grateful seeing her cousin Helga. There is no need for you to sing or hum, but thank you for the offer.:cool:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Missed this until now Rick!
Loving the look of the Dio,the 3 main protagonists really do look beautifully done:cool:......as for the figures,I would barely be able to see them.... let alone paint 'em :nerd:!!
(BTW.... what's "The Marlow method" ?!)

Thanks Smiffy.....a year or so back our good Mr. Marlow (Tim)....you know, "The little blokes aficionado".......did a tutorial to help us folks what can't paint the little guys, we like to stuff in our models and park on our dios. And, so I tried it and it worked very well on extremely small scale figgys, such as you see here. So, whenever I use his method to paint my little guys I always give the good Mr. Marlow his due.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks John, I'm gonna have to spend a little time at the Merryweather school of "Anatomy Modification" for the rest of this as it will require several of the figs I intend to use, to have their poses changed a bit. Glad you are liking it so far. :thumb2:

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR....."Nurse Helga", I like that! You have just named her, and most appropriately, I might add. No Sir, I won't sing or hum as I don't want folks to run away from the forum for abuse or musical torture!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Smiffy.....a year or so back our good Mr. Marlow (Tim)....you know, "The little blokes aficionado".......did a tutorial to help us folks what can't paint the little guys, we like to stuff in our models and park on our dios. And, so I tried it and it worked very well on extremely small scale figgys, such as you see here. So, whenever I use his method to paint my little guys I always give the good Mr. Marlow his due.
Ah right...
Thanks for that, I'll try and find Tim's Tutorial... My figures certainly need improving :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ah right...
Thanks for that, I'll try and find Tim's Tutorial... My figures certainly need improving :thumb2:
Mr. Smiff, Tim's tutorial was done on his thread for the Simon T Memorial G B in Nov. 2020. If you go to the GB category on our forum index, you'll find 2017 and Newer GBs. click on 2020 and Tim's Build was an S Model 1/72 3.7 cm PaK 36 Auf Renault UE build. You'll find the beginning of the Tutorial on page 5 if my notes are correct. Happy Hunting!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's one last shot with all the COTR.....finally added the two Jerry cans and they fill the space perfectly! Next up will be the fig. mods and then the dio. will get it's own blog in the proper section of the forum. Thanks again for all the nice comments and for the support in completing this build. :thumb2: P1012783.JPG